1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Psionic Abilities 3.5

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by rfpii, Aug 3, 2010.

1. rfpii

rfpii New Member

Gotta say I'm loving this so far as a trial and am planning on buying for my group very soon. The one thing I'm really missing is the way Psionic powers works in 3.5 (i.e., points system). I thought of using the Elevation Number but it a) isn't automatic, b) it adds/drops in increments of 5, and c) it is already being used as an elevation number. (That last point is kinda cool b/c I never used elevation in my games before but I find it really helpful with shipboard combat as people are all over the place elevation-wise (e.g., in the water, on quaterdeck, in crow's nest, in hold, etc.)). I would hope for something similiar to other spellcasters where you pull up your spell, cast it, and it eliminates powerpoints; if not auto than manually--which may actually be best considering there are so many things that can affect the PP used (e.g, metapsionic feats, etc.). Maybe like HP with Max/current values.

So if you created a Psychic Warrior Class, you could list out the known powers as spells but the system wouldn't eliminate them from the list each time they are used. The GM would just subtract the PP after each use manually (like manual damage).

Thanks so much!

2. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

Something generic, of this nature, would fill many needs.

One of my mages, for example, took the 4e Paragon Path that gives him "Entropy Points" which are gained and lost. For the time being, he has an invisible "Entropy Bot" that I damage and heal as needed.

Essentially, provided the character sheet with a "secondary" health tab, and providing the Heal/Damage keys the option of changing Primary or Secondary Health would accommodate this.