1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Question for d20pro users

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KBo42, Nov 8, 2011.

1. KBo42

KBo42 New Member

I'm in the process of downloading the program and hopefully gonna give it a try soon. I just want to know some of your guys honest opinions of this virtual tabletop. Is it worth it? Is it hard to learn both for a GM and the players? Does it lag much or play smoothly? My group has been playing Pathfinder for a while now, but I don't like the nine hour drive I have to do just to play and I'm hoping this will let us play more often. Any incites would be great appreciated.

Thanks

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I believe it is well worth the money. You will notice that with the trial account, it will require an internet connection to verify your account before allowing you to start. Once you purchase, it will download your license to your computer and it will no longer require checking online to the trial license server. Thus, once you purchase, it will be faster to load and get going.

As with any VTT, you will spend some time getting used to the controls and features. When I first started GM'n with this VTT, I spent a couple minutes with my players just going over the controls and how to interact with the system.

As with any online application, a lot has to do with the GM's internet connection and the internet connection of all your players. As long as you are playing on broadband and not wireless 3G broadband, you should be ok.

If you'd like a quick tutorial, let me know.