1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Question on adding feats.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Truwen, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Truwen

Truwen Member

Hey there, I am new to d20 pro. My group and I are going to start playing with D20 pro, so inevitably we have questions. First, adding classes seems to be pretty easy, we read a post on it and found a couple of classes we used as a template to set up for others. I am wondering though, how would you set a warlock up for 3.5. Since their abilities aren't exactly spells, how would you go about adding those. Special abilities maybe?

Second, I would like to have more information on feats. The rogue in the group for example has evasion, it is one of the feats already programmed into the system, it also seems to work as he took 0 damage on a save from cone of cold. How is this working, as I can't tell if they are just text or if they are actually calculating their effects. Since evasion makes a reflex save take 0 damage instead of half damage for cone of cold. So how can I add feats and know that they are giving the appropriate effect?

Third, when creating an effect for a spell. You can load and save. If I save something that later I would like to delete for any reason. How can I delete those? And is the save tab (on the edit effect page) for adding a save to the character, or defining a save against the effect? As I notice 2 places to put the DC for a spell. Like charm person is a will negates, I am not sure if D20 pro is actually calculating the save on its own when cast on a creature or if it is not. More explanation here would help me out a lot when dming.

Thanks for the info. I am sure I will be asking more questions as they arise. As well as continuously referring to the help page, which by the way has been a tremendous boon.

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

For the warlock powers put his at will attacks as an attack, and the per day use abilities.

Feats are normally just a text name. Though inside our code we look for 'evasion' so on a successful reflex the damage is zeroed out.

Yes you can save and load effects.
    It is a save versus the effect.
    When you put a DC for an effect then apply it to a creature the creature rolls its saving through and then d20Pro prompts the DM with the resulting damage of the effect (which can be modified).

3. Truwen

Truwen Member

Thanks, that answers my questions.