1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about Licenses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Daeruin, Dec 24, 2010.

1. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Hi, I just want to ask a few questions I have about licenses.

First, if I have a Judge license, but I want to join a game as a player, I have to log in as a Player, correct? I cannot be logged in as a Judge? And I cannot let other players use my 2 guest licenses?

Second, my gaming group is planning on running two campaigns simultaneously. For one campaign I will be the Judge, for the second campaign another person will be the Judge. We will each be players in the other person's campaign. Is it possible for us to share a Judge license? In other words, one week he logs in as a Judge on his computer and I log in using the Guest license. The next week I log in as a Judge, and he logs in using a Guest license. So we would only buy one Judge license to share. Is this possible?

Thanks!

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

The answer to your first question is 'Yes', 'Yes' and 'Yes'.

As far as your second question, there would be nothing stopping you from doing what you talk about. You would have to share account information between yourselves to be able to download the license to each computer, unless you're sharing a computer too.

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Great, thanks for the reply. A few follow up questions. By "share account information" do you mean that we'd just have the same login name and password? Or is there more that would be shared? For example, what about maps, creatures, and characters?

We would be using different computers. After we purchase the license, do we just download the license from the d20pro website then? So all we'd need is an internet connection in order for both of us to download it, right?

Thanks again!

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Each computer under your license will need to login with your account details and download the license separately using an internet connection.

You can share creatures, maps, attachments by sending the corresponding data files to each other. Export > email > Import.