1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Entola, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Entola

Entola Member

So, Had my first full run through and the game went great! There were a few fumbles, the kind that you have when you start using new software, but overall it went well. So well in fact that we ended up playing till 2am and I'm a little tired this morning. Having two GM Helper NPCs (Thanks to gandolfifeesh) really helped for those few occasions where a player wanted to use a spell or ability that I hadn't set up on their token. I will be purchasing a license, but I have to get with my guys and see how many are going to pony up the $10 for a player license and how many are going to jerks and make me eat the cost (FYI I'm planning on eating the cost, cause it seems that players don't realize that this hobby cost money).

I have a few questions though;

1. During Combat when a player delays his turn or ready's for spell/range, is there a way to bring them back to the top of the initiative? My work around was just doing their turn for them, but it would be nice if I could pass them back control. I had the roster up to see the initiative order, but I couldn't figure out how to put the player back on the top.

2. Is there an XP Calculator? It would be nice if I could select the NPCs that had died and automagically calculate how much exp each player gets.

3. Can you center a Burst on a token? I wasn't able to put a token at the center of a burst, only the corners.

That's all the questions I can think of right now. Like I said, it was a very good experience. My players enjoyed it They totally lost it the first time they killed a NPC, searched him, and he actually dropped loot in the VTT :).

D20Pro Team: Good Job! Keep up the good work.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

When you want the person to act, click the PCs icon on the table and hit 'G"..

Not at the moment, tho is an idea.. sounds like a good 'Feature Request' for you to make. :)

To My knowledge there isn't a mechanic that is truly centered on the PC, they all state that you pick a corner of the PCs current square as the emanation point. course I could be wrong... just my 2 coppers...

3. Montis

Montis New Member

re 3.:
    Whats with point blank stuff like channel energy?

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Per the rules "Channeling energy causes a burst" so it is in fact a Burst effect and thus restricted to the template burst rules...
    See
    SRD -> Channel Energy (SU)
    and
    SRD -> Effect Templates

5. Entola

Entola Member

That's the exact spell that was causing me fits, my party is in The Dead Warrens in CotCT and the Derro's have darkness and my cleric was using that ability and I couldn't get the burst to "Center" on the token. It's a very confusing rule because the description text says "center" but the burst rules are corners. So D20pro is doing it correctly, I just wasn't understanding.

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

glad to be of service.. that'll be 5 silver pieces, please <chuckle> :D