1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Rangers

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Thurgian, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

Rangers are annoying and should be removed from the game; wait ...

Rangers (in 4e at least) often have powers that can be used as either ranged or melee.

The ddi importer only provides one of the attack types (which I believe boils down to the weapon the character has equipped at import time).

Would it be possible to get those attacks replicated into both forms?

I realize it would present problems from a standpoint of which modifier to use (STR or DEX) depending on the nature of the melee weapon; but I believe that could be overcome by requiring Rangers to "export" with their melee weapons equipped (which would allow the software to realize if the weapon is STR or DEX based). Ranged weapons seldom are STR based, and wouldn't cause such problems.

Obviously, you already provide a copy function. However, since the name (specifying melee or ranged), damage and modifier have to be specified (often the +hit as well). This is barely faster than creating a new attack (although a new attack does require that I also modify the Crit modifiers, 1-handed, multiple attacks - boxes too).