1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Readied Action and Attacks of Opportunity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nilram the Grey, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Nilram the Grey

Nilram the Grey New Member

I am giving both Hero Lab and d20Pro a trial run to determine if my gaming group will switch over to a VTT for our gaming. We all live in different cities and travel 2-3 hours once a month to game together. We are hoping this will be a better solution. Basically I'm a total Newb to d20Pro, so I might be asking some dumb questions. I've searched the forums and the user guide and didn't get any hits (which I find odd). We are playing the Pathfinder system, but I don't think that matters for these questions.

How do I do a readied action? Say a character readies an attack with his sword until a creature steps into one of three squares in front of him. When I move a creature into one of those three squares how do we interrupt the creatures turn so the character can attack? Also I would assume the character would then be just before that creature in the initiative order going forward.

Now lets say a creature does something to create an opportunity attack. How do I halt the creatures turn and let the player attack? Do I as the Judge have to carry out the attack or can I hand control over to the player for this?

Thanks for any insight.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hello Nilram the Grey,

http://www.d20pro.com/help/UGPlayControls.php

Ready an Action: Press this button
    [​IMG]

When you see the trigger, the Player lets the GM know that they want to complete their readied action.

GM:
    Selects the player's token, presses "G"

Player:
    Does their readied action then presses "Space bar" to end their turn

Attacks of Opportunity:
    Simply make an attack action (d20Pro does not restrict attack actions)