1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

[RECRUITMENT CLOSED] Friday evening Pathfinder

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by sciencephile, Sep 24, 2012.

1. sciencephile

sciencephile New Member

I posted for a Sunday afternoon game but I don't seem to be generating the response for that time slot. It has been suggested (by a couple of friends) that Friday evenings would be better.

So, I'm wondering if Friday evenings would be better. Hopefully, I'll get enough interest to get a game going.

Details:
    • Day: Once a week on a Friday evening (I will consider twice a month instead of once a week if more interest in that schedule).
    • Time: 5 PM - 9 PM Pacific time (8 PM - Midnight Eastern)
    • Campaign: Pathfinder: Age of Worms, Shackled City, Savage Tide, Rise of the Runelords, or homebrew (depends on interest)
    • Books Allowed: Pathfinder: Core Rulebook and the Base Classes and Core Classes Chapters of the Advanced Players Guide Only
    • Game Virtual Table: d20Pro for the virtual desktop (I have 6 guest licenses so plenty of room even if you don't own a copy)
    • Voice Chat Tool: Dolby Axon. It's free so no added cost there. I will consider other technologies if need-be but final decision is mine

Other days/times might be considered but I do have a 2 year old in the house, I work during the day, and I live on the west coast. Therefore, the times that I could run the game on weekdays is limited.

Rules that I ask you to abide by if interested in playing:
    • No arguing or convincing me to switch rules. Please don't try to convince me to add additional rule books.
    • Same goes for technology. Please don't try to convince me to switch to another virtual tabletop.
    • Please make sure you are able to make it and that your technology is okay. Last time we had a player who randomly didn't show up due to technology issues. This disrupts the game so please make sure you can play before committing.
    • Please expect to role play. I don't appreciate games that are expected to be D&D Miniatures and where I'm expected to strictly lead you by the nose. Please be prepared to collaborate with your teammates to decide what to do next and role play personality quirks appropriately.

I will begin the campaign as soon as I have enough players.

Thanks for the interest.

2. Riotnrrd

Riotnrrd New Member

Re: Friday evening Pathfinder

I'm interested in this timeslot.

3. Djmaxx

Djmaxx New Member

I too would like to play please keep me posted on changes
    PLUS: I am new to d20pro so i might need help on some things cause i haven't had a chance to try the program out yet

4. Caraldur

Caraldur Member

I would be interested in joining the group but I will be moving this week and it will take me sometime to get settled into my new apartment.

5. sciencephile

sciencephile New Member

Great! I'm glad there are interested players.

As far as knowing how to use d20pro, that's no big deal as I don't plan on depending on it completely. For non-combat narrative, I plan on doing old school (describe what you see), rather than auto-mapping with d20pro. It will be used for combat but only so far as it does not slow down the game, so most likely you all will have to track spells outside of d20pro. We will figure it out.

I will set up a messageboard for everyone to communicate with. Please send me a private message with your email address so I can have a point of contact. If I have files to relay to you, I will give you access to my Google Docs area for those documents.

Caraldur: Do you think you will be ready by October 5th? I can set up September 28th as a test the technology and get to know one another and you can join on the 5th if that works out for you.

Thanks all and remember to send me a private message with your email address.

-Danny

6. BrickSteelhead

BrickSteelhead New Member

Howdy,

Would be very interested in this; not new to 3.5, but new to Pathfinder. Have a friend (in same time zone - EST/NYC) who might be down as well.

Is there an application process?

7. sciencephile

sciencephile New Member

No real application process. I just want players who want to play a long-term campaign (as opposed to milling about for a couple of sessions and leaving).

My first test is whether those who say they are interested private message me an email to contact them directly with.
    Second it activity. If someone is more active in responding to the requests for information, then they are more likely to be chosen over someone who states interest yet doesn't respond back when it comes time to gather to play.

Pathfinder is not really that different from 3.5, just some of the rules cleaned up for easier play. For instance, combining hide and move silently into stealth. I have not heard of anyone having trouble adapting from 3.5 to Pathfinder.

8. BrickSteelhead

BrickSteelhead New Member

Still Friday, yes? Or Sunday? If Sunday, I have a friend that would be interested, too.

9. Djmaxx

Djmaxx New Member

I think it is still up for discussion but there will be a test run this Friday. If you would like to join please PM (sciencephile) With your email adress
    and he will give you more info

10. sciencephile

sciencephile New Member

Not Sunday. I have enough interested in Friday that the Pathfinder game will be on Fridays. It turns out that I will likely run a Warhammer 40k Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader game on Sundays (twice a month). There are still openings for that game too.

11. sciencephile

sciencephile New Member

Recruitment is now closed. Anyone else who wishes to play will be put on a wait list in case of drop-outs.