1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Red tint on imported JPEG maps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmckid, Jan 16, 2014.

1. jmckid

jmckid New Member

Can anyone tell me why if I access a map in res/FLR directory that I import as a JPEG - it has had a red tint put over it on import into d20Pro?

This is not visible when playing - and if I replace the map in the directory with a standard (e.g. non tinted JPEG) it seems to work fine?

The reason I am doing this is I want to update a couple of maps without having to redo all the markers and creatures and fog of war.

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

I just notice this my self the other day. It is only JPEGS that do it, PNG file import fine with out the issue.

3. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

One of the guys answer this for me a really long time ago, but I don't recall what that answer was.. myself; I almost never ever use the import tool and place images in the proper directories by hand so I can manage directory structure and layout better...

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

This is related to how Java is handling the JPEG image write sequence. This process does produce a smaller file size JPEG, and since d20Pro displays the image correctly, no development time has been spent changing this behavior.

As always, you can save time by placing the JPEG or PNG file directly into the appropriate res directory and they will work just fine. Though if you change any current image location you will need to reassign any maps/creatures/items/etc that rely on displaced image.

5. jamescmc

jamescmc New Member

Thanks for your detailed explanation.