1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Regions not fitting seamlessly in 3.2

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Uthin, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Uthin

Uthin New Member

Hi,

I am a new user of d20Pro (Mac OS X 10.7, java 1.6.0_33) and am very impressed! However, there are one or two things that irks me. One I fixed by using a mouse instead of the tracking pad on my Macbook Pro. The other I have found no work-around for.

When I prepare a map for play, I cover the entire map in FoW regions. First I create regions for all the corridors and rooms. Afterwards, I create regions for all the "walls" on the map. The map is thus now covered 100% and the players cannot simply look at the non-room and non-corridor parts of the map and deduce its layout.

Or maybe not 100%...

Even though I use the "snap-to-knot" feature and am very aware of creating knots so that neighbouring regions have the same number of knots in the lines they share, there are a LOT of visible lines between the regions (see attached screendump). Deleting one region and drawing it anew does not solve this. This allows the players to deduce a lot about the map even with FoW turned on.

Have I missed some procedure when creating FoW (if so, please educate me ;) ) or would you consider this a bug you will fix?

Best regards,

Uthin

Attached Files:

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I've noticed this too. It works correctly when using snap-to-grid, but snap-to-knot seems to have sliver holes where FoW should be. And since it's not only me that sees this, I'll see if this can be fixed.

Thanks

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Until the next update...
    The current work around for this issue is to use the following:

Work-Around #1
    After placing your Fog of War polygons the way you want...
    - Goto: Game Tools > Fog of War > Paint > press "Flood Map" button

This will create a Fog of War Square in every grid space that a single Fog of War polygon does not completely cover. This will prevent players from seeing an outline of your Fog of War regions (created by snap-to-knot).

It would look something like this for the Judge:
    [​IMG]

Work-Around #2
    Instead of using the snap-to-knot, you can create some overlap Fog of War space (move the new FoW polygon past the knot of the other FoW polygon, so there is an overlap of FoW).

It would look something like this for the Judge:
    [​IMG]

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

That is what I have been doing, it works pretty well :)