1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Rename Item tab to Inventory

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by unsaved, Jul 13, 2012.

1. unsaved

unsaved Member

Besides "item" being one of the most ambiguous labels possible (every tab is involved with items of some type), the term for what is distinctively managed here is "Inventory", and has been for about 30 years now.

At first I thought that it was named "Item" because it was intended for something more or less general than inventory, but after using it and having several discussions on the forum about that tab, I believe that inventory management is the precise goal of this tab. Though the use case isn't completely implemented yet, that's no reason to disguise the purpose.

Then I was thinking that maybe there was a widget width concern and "Inventory" was too long, but surely if we can afford 11 letters for "Description", we can afford 9 letters for "Inventory". And if not, "Invent." or "Inv." would still be much more informative than "Item".