1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Requesting recommendation for character gen

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unsaved, Jul 4, 2012.

1. unsaved

unsaved Member

I understand that one can import characters from other utilities, but since I am starting fresh I would prefer to keep things simple for me and my players and learn just d20Pro. I see the section in the User Guide about generating characters for your players to "encounter", but I see nothing about creating PCs from scratch. I'm interested in Pathfinder chars. Can I do that, even if I must do the initial (one-time) calculations myself? If I can do that, is there any reason that I should not do that?

If I need to work with an external system just to create PCs, any recommendations for something that is intuitive (so players won't have to study a new tool), reliable, and complete for Pathfinder (core) rule set? I don't mind making a one-time purchase, but I don't want to impose new financial or studying burdens on my players. I'd really prefer to spend my time learning to master d20Pro (to get the most out of it) rather than learning an additional required utility.

(I am just downloading the trial now. If I learn the answer to this question myself, I'll update this thread myself for the benefit of other prospective users or noobs).

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

3. unsaved

unsaved Member

I've been studying the docs and playing-with since and that's what it was looking like. But I feel much better having confirmation that I won't somehow be constrained by using this method. Thanks Golkiwu.