1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Resize an item

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by Thrillba, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

I have an item created with the image and everything, the only problem I have now, is that I need it to be bigger than 1 square, how do I accomplish this?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

If you created the item as a Creature...
    Click on the "Creature" that has a picture of an item. Then Right-Click (or option-click on mac) to pull up the menu. Goto: Alter > Size > Enlarge. Alternatively, you can select the creature and press the appropriate hot-key.
    [​IMG]

If you created the item as an Item...
    Currently there is no way to increase or decrease the size displayed on the map.

3. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

This of course works for some items. Of course they have to be a square amount of numbers - meaning 2x2 or 3x3.

What if I want a book case. That only needs to be 2x1 or 1x2, depending on what direction you are facing.

How can we manage this through d20pro?

4. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

You can't. This is one of the first complaints I had about d20pro. I thought I had submitted it as a feature request, but I can't see it. You might want to do so.

5. neofax

neofax New Member

You can't make a true 1x2, but you can make a 2x2 that is alpha channel blank on the side you don't want to see. Here is what I mean:

XX
    YY

where Y is alpha channel transparent. You can do this in GIMP and save as a png. Make sure that the image is the same pixel size as your grid. Now, the question is, does d20Pro allow for non-snap to grid placement of items?

6. LordValerius

LordValerius New Member

That would be a big NO I'm afraid...

Val

7. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met,

The game grid is due for a BIG revamp. I can't offer any details just yet, but know that we are making some big moves in this direction.

In the meantime, if you have rectangular "items" like a wagon or a ship or the like, you can use them as Scaled Tiles (4th button over on Draw Tools).

8. Banenight

Banenight New Member

I sat here for a few days reading this post a bit confused and befuddled cause of the whole bookcase thing then thanks to Thraxxis it took me a little bit of time to figure things out and now that I have I love the scale button you can make tiles out of anything. I used pictures off the internet scanned in all the Dungeon Tiles I bought for $10 bucks a pop and lets just say I bought 3 or 4 of the same one to get more tiles of what I need. And now I can use 1x2 tiles, 2x8, 4x8, square and rectangle and I gotta say. The only thing now is for them to let you scale it when you paste that stuff in and I'll be using this thing til the day I DIE its so handy.

Thanks Thraxxis I came to this post a few days before you posted and I couldn't figure out the whole time thing I had time today to try and wrap my brain around it again and now its as easy as cutting and pasting what I want and resizing it. Can't wait til you guys make it so I can size it when I import it. That would be a gem but that's ok with all the Dungeon tiles I got its a dream come true program now. Just need Diagonal tile ability and you'd never get rid of me.

Thanks,

Bane