1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Resolve Attacks normally

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by katowulf, Feb 15, 2010.

1. katowulf

katowulf New Member

Hi There,

Sorry for the noob question, but this is really confusing me. After an attack is sent by a player and I get the "Resolve Attack" window, I can't figure out where to click to just let in resolve naturally, i.e. without fudging the roll in any way. With my players all looking at a trial GM version, the five of us couldn't figure this out.

2. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

HI Katowulf,

When you are looking at the 'Action' window and one of the 'Resolve Attack' tabs you will see 4 icons at the bottom of the window:

1 - gray sword - MISS
    2 - red "pow" looking icon - Hit
    3 - gray 20 - crit rolled, but not confirmed
    4 - red / gold 20 - CRIT CONFIRMED

Sorry for any confusion. Please let us know if you need any further help.

Best,

Nick

3. Dan

Dan Member

I should add that due to licencing, virtual tabletop software cannot automatically resolve attacks or any d20 success roll. That would make it a "game" and would then not be governed under the d20 system license. Likewise, a program cannot automate character creation, btw.

So d20pro and every other VT cannot legally resolve attacks automatically. The GM has to manually decide success / failure of rolls.

4. katowulf

katowulf New Member

This seems fine. I don't have any issues with resolving the attacks. I would like an "okay, go ahead" button in addition to the ones that specify hit/miss/etc (less thinking when my devious--err, I mean GM mind--is deep in thought). The program suggests to me it's a hit success, I want a way to say "go with your decision" without having to try math. I'll understand if my anti-math sentiments are not so well received : )

I do have a few ideas on how the attack process could be streamlined. Most importantly, I'd like to have the ability to double click on the weapon I choose for a single attack, rather than always having to click the weapon then click the check graphic, which is actually hard to hit when I'm in a hurry.

5. Greymyst

Greymyst New Member

I withdraw my comment.

Thanks,
    Farris

6. Dan

Dan Member

Actually, it's not quite that restrictive. We can mark things as a hit or miss via colors, and still leave the actual decision to a human. Check out these screenshots from our latest build, due out any day now. Images have been reduced a bit. Notice the clearer labeling of Attack rolls, follow-up rolls (for crits or concealment) and the colored dice to indicate hits or misses. Notice that the confirmation roll is usually grey even though it is sufficient to hit; that's because the first roll didn't threaten to crit.

7. katowulf

katowulf New Member

Nice; looking great! : )