1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

[Resolved] Can't get started

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SolitonMan, Nov 19, 2011.

1. SolitonMan

SolitonMan New Member

Hi, I just downloaded d20Pro to try for the trial today, but I can't get the program to start. I click the icon in the Windows Start menu and nothing happens. I try going via Windows Explorer to the install folder and click the executable and again nothing happens. I was hoping there might be log files associated with the program, but I didn't find any so I'm not sure where or why it's failing. I also checked the Windows event logs but saw nothing related to the failure of d20Pro to open.

I'm running on a Windows 7 Professional SP1 on a Dell E6510 with an Intel Core i7 processor at 2.67 GHz, with 4 GB RAM. I have Java 7 Update 1, but I do notice when I navigate to the java site to check for the plugin with Chrome it fails to identify it, but IE works fine. Seems like I'm missing something but I'm not sure exactly what. I've done java development on this machine (like, tutorial level stuff with Google Web Tools) so I believe I have the correct platform for running d20Pro. But nothing happens when I try to start it.

If anyone has advice on how to address this I'd really appreciate hearing. Thanks in advance for your help! :)

2. SolitonMan

SolitonMan New Member

Re: Can't get started

OK, I read the Read Me and modified the .bat file to use the -DBypassJavaVersionCheck command and now it's running. Sorry for the confusion!