1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Rolling Back to Old Version

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by billolmesdahl, Aug 6, 2016.

1. billolmesdahl

billolmesdahl New Member

We tried playing in 3.6.6.5 last night and it was a lag fest. I'm going to move back to something before lighting for a while, until things get more finalized. I have the campaign in an installation of 3.5.7 on my PC, but I don't find a link to that particular version anywhere to pass on to my players. Can someone point me to where I can get my hands on that particular version or one which is close and relatively bug free? We had an awful time in the last game.

Thanks!

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

3.6.6.5 the 4th digit on that indicates it's a beta and is not meant for running active longstanding games. As a Beta it is a bit twitchy and should be expected to be a bit twitchy..

You can find previous versions in the Archive http://archive.d20pro.com/D20PRO Installers

3. billolmesdahl

billolmesdahl New Member

I don't see that particular version there. Any other places I can look?

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

If you are using a Beta it is strongly suggested that you ensure you have a backup of you campaign folder.

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I can ask once GenCon is over, but I suspect the 3.5.x run isn't listed for a reason, most likely due to some bug or the like which made that version unstable. 3.6.6 Public Release is stable and solid, if reverting that would be the version I would use.

6. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Plus if you get the 3.6.6, no fourth digit, you can simply not use lights and only set up masks for revealing when you want. That should reduce lag even more but when we play 3.6.6 we don't have much lag because I do my best to use the fewest light that I can, the more lights the more lag. The biggest lag problem I have run into was when I converted from the previous beta to 3.6.6 and the beta lights were totally different.

Just a suggestion.

7. billolmesdahl

billolmesdahl New Member

Has 3.6.6 been fixed as far as the problem with Saves and some of the other issues that crept into that version?

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

9. Stonesnake

Stonesnake Member

So when is the new version that fixes the many bugs going to be released? I just came back from GenCon and spoke to the team for quite some time and and they said that the new version was released (obviously it wasn't). Also saw that animated gifs are supported now in the new version.

Please let us know as 3.6.6 is currently such a mess -- saves that don't work for PCs, wrong labels on saves, and all the other stuff -- that my players simply don't trust the software anymore. I've been using d20pro weekly for over 5 years now ... but I'm starting to convert my games into Fantasy Grounds as if I can't get the trust of my players back ... and soon ... I won't be able to go back to d20pro.

Yes dynamic lighting is cool, but if the core functionality is broken, especially when it comes to dice rolls, players simply won't trust the tool and will never go back. Please keep us up to date as to when the new version is expected to be released, thanks.

10. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I understand your frustration, but for such great gains and leaps forward some growing pains are to be expected (it's just the nature of software development). You can always use an earlier version for long standing games.

11. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

As you can see here (current 3.6.6 release) for rolling off the character sheet, saves are indeed operating and are labeled correctly.

d20p366_saves1.jpg

As well as usage off the token right-click menu.

d20p366_saves2.jpg

I'm not sure as to what other issues you are referring too in the core mechanics, but I would be happy to check on the issue if you provide more information as to your grievance.

12. Stonesnake

Stonesnake Member

13. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

And I just visually showed you that they have been fixed in the current 3.6.6 build. have you re downloaded 3.6.6 and installed it?

The only one you reported that I am aware of that is not resolved is the Effect/Ability 'label" for saves.. IE an Ability/Effect that grants a Fort +1, shows in the description as Con +1.

14. Stonesnake

Stonesnake Member

I have version 3.6.6 from the web site today, installed it, and this feature is NOT FIXED. The original bug that I reported is still in the code.

If you are a player and you press the "R" or "W" keys it will NOT add in the PCs bonus saves. (it will work correctly for the GM, it's the PC that it doesn't work, as I stated in my original post).

Here is a screenshot from the PC using the keyboard commands to roll saves, using version 3.6.6, 64-bit.

[​IMG]

Again, please let us know when this might be fixed, thanks.

15. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

My apologies, I had no idea you were speaking of the client only and only about hotkeys. I'll see if I can recreate what you are describing.

16. Whirlingdervish

those are hot keys and not tied to the character sheet but to the token you can roll from the mini as a work around.

17. Whirlingdervish

Assuming you are playing 5e that is

18. owlbear

owlbear Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey folks. just chiming in from post-gencon-stress land. The service update with the bug fixes (lots of them) from the 3.6.6. release should launch next week. I had to shelf the work due to the show and how small our team is. GenCon is an all-hands-on-deck event which meant that we had our code, qa and everyone else at the event.

The delta fiasco cost us a lot of this week unfortunately, so we're behind on launching a fixed, updated release in the timeline I was (internally) targeting.

Bare with me (us) and we'll get you all sorted.

Also, vast speed improvements came out of the delay -- Ended up a large portion of the timing problem was actually due to Alpha blending of the fog of war shapes on the GM screen. This wasn't a problem UNLESS two or more players were connected remotely -- local testing was insufficient to reveal the problem.

The result is that the alpha highlighting of FoW objects will only occur when in FoW mode (F6). When not in FoW mode, regions are outlined. This may be refined further to provide highlighting for a limited set of regions but needs further testing before I can commit.

19. Tay-Dor

Tay-Dor Active Member

My players will be glad to hear you're figuring it out, Owlbear!