1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Rotate does not appear to work

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by AkosPrime, Jun 8, 2012.

1. AkosPrime

AkosPrime Member

d20Pro version 3.2.0 on Windows XP. Java version 7u4. Running in judge mode.

To test things out I created a simple 10x10 map, filled with a basic color. I created a creature. I put several clones of creature on map.

I can click-drag the clones and move them. I can apply statuses to them. So I can interact with them at some level. However I cannot change the 'facing' of the creatures using either the hot-key buttons '[' and ']' nor can I do it by right-clicking and choosing it from the menu. I am able to use other hot keys and right-click choices like enlarge/reduce, set invisible, etc. Am I missing something very basic about rotating a character or is this a bug related to Java 7 or something else entirely?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Even though Java 7 update 4 is not preferred, creature rotation will work.
    Java 6 update 31 or 32 is ideal for d20Pro currently.

To fix your issue, simply goto Options > Judge and select "show rotated creature picture" or you can use the arrow pointer for facing.

3. AkosPrime

AkosPrime Member

Oh jeez! I never would have thought to look there! Thanks so much! Sorry for the basic questions. Unfortunately Java's auto-updater took me to 7u4 well before. Is there a list anywhere of the potential bad effects exhibited with Java 7 and d20Pro?

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Tile rotation will give discoloration sheen to a tile with java 7.