1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Running two copies of d20Pro on one PC

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by noobiegameplayer, Aug 16, 2012.

1. noobiegameplayer

noobiegameplayer New Member

Hi all,

I have been using d20Pro for ages and when I run it at my normal place, we run it over a LAN with one of the players on a laptop connected to a projector onto the table, it workd great ... Yayyy

I'm about to start running another game at a games club in a "town hall" type environment. I am going to take a large flat screen and put it down on the table to supply maps, show handouts, piccies of people they meet, etc (saves cost on printing).

What I'm wondering is, can I run two copies of d20Pro (My Judge copy) and a guest copy and move the guest copy onto the flat screen for them to see.

Obviously I don't want to project my Judge details (with Fog of War, invisible opponents, etc) ...

Is this a "doable" thing ??

Thanks,

NGP

P.S. I did search the Forums, but couldn't find anything on Two (2) Screens, Two copies of d20Pro, etc

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

We have done just that before at tournaments where the players were controlling off of 3 laptops (3 Player Licenses) and the projector was run off of a fourth Laptop running the Player license (so non of the teams could see other teams states/invisibility/etc.) the DM Client. I have also done this when my sound got wonky (no sound) from my DM Client, so I ran a player license and logged into my own game so I could hear the sound effects (that only happens once in a while and I blame the hardware not D20PRO).

3. noobiegameplayer

noobiegameplayer New Member

Brilliant, thanks for the quick response Golkiwu :)

I'd check myself, but it's for about 2 hours time and I'm at work and couldn't test it :)

Thanks again,

NGP