1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Saving/exporting adventure state

Discussion in 'User Created Content' started by PeterVRules, Jan 1, 2012.

1. PeterVRules

PeterVRules New Member

Hey Guys,
    When designing my adventures after creating all my maps, I like to add FoW and all NPCs in the correct position (Invisible and out of init). This works great for getting right into it.
    My question is that once I finish fleshing out an adventure I'd like to be able to save the state (maps and roster as well as placement) so I can start working on my next adventure without having tons of maps and NPCs in the roster.

Is this possible or anything in the works?
    If this was an exportable option we could also upload/share entire adventures/campaigns with other d20 pro users.

2. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

When you close the map, you can choose to replace the old map or save as a new copy. If you save as a copy, it will duplicate the entire map in its current state, leaving the old original copy intact. That's what I ALWAYS do, just in case I want to reuse the old pristine copy with the original FoW and creature placements.

3. PeterVRules

PeterVRules New Member

Thanks for the tip Daeruin, but not exactly what I am looking for.
    I was wondering if there is/would be a way to save/export multiple maps with their states and open/import them back as a group.
    That way I could save a whole adventures worth of maps and NPCs/traps/objects in a single unit and share it online.

I guess I could save the ingame map as a copy (like you suggested), export each map individually as well as all the NPCs, but that I was looking for a more efficient way.