1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Saving throw rolls

Discussion in 'Pathfinder' started by maxwell, May 23, 2011.

1. maxwell

maxwell New Member

I am wondering if there is any way to see the actual rolls for saving throws. I want to make sure the rolls are being adjusted correctly. As it stands now, there is no way for me to determine if the proper adjustments are being made. For example, is the dwarven +2 bonus on saves added in when spells or poison saves are made?

2. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Welcome to the boards Maxwell!

When rolling a 'save' in d20Pro, all that happens is that the number you put in each save field on the character sheet is added to the roll of a d20. No other bonuses or penalties are added. You will need to apply any situational modifiers yourself to the save results.

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Sounds like another voice added to the feature request we've submitted regarding the ability to see all the modifiers that are applied to each roll. :)

4. maxwell

maxwell New Member

It would be nice if the DM could see the rolls and adjust who failed and who made the saving throw. Not being able to do this means that creating a spell effect isn't a very useful tool at the moment. On the other hand, I do like that D20Pro is makes it easy to work around any of it's shortcomings.

5. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

If you are using the spell effects or spell feature with the saving throws built in to where it does the save for you and the shows the red for fail and the green for save you can adjust that and change who saves and who fails.

6. maxwell

maxwell New Member

I can overrule who fails and who saves, but without seeing the roll results I can't tell if the save was made or failed.