1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Savng Maps?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stoat, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Stoat

Stoat New Member

I've been using d20 Pro for several years. When I make a new map, I typically use "create raw" function from the library menu and drop a .png or .jpeg onto the blank grid with the "fill" command. Then I go back and "furnish" the map using tiles. I have tiles for chairs, treasure chests, tables, stuff like that. Finally, I add in monsters from the library. The finished map is then available whenever I click the d20 Pro icon in the upper left hand corner.

Is there a way to save the entire map, including all the tiles and monsters? Every once in a while, I'll accidentally delete a map out from under the d20 Icon, and re-creating it can take a fair bit of work.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Currently the only way to do this is after you make some changes to a map, close the map and override save the map. You could also save a copy of the map and rename it to something more appropriate. Both options will save everything you placed on the map since it was last saved.

Then simply open the newly saved map and continue.

This is designed this way so it doesn't automatically override the original map during play. This helps people who run one-shot adventures to many groups of players (like organized play) where having the final base map is critical for repeat play. Or having multiple groups play your established adventure path.

3. Stoat

Stoat New Member

Thanks!

Where are the maps saved? Is there a particular folder?