1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Sci-Pulp Opera

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Wesley Gorby, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Hey guys, now that I have my Pathfinder game going well and stable.. I was yearning for some sci-fi..

I am planning a sci-fi game, not 100% on the setting just yet.. was thinking along the Firefly, farscape lines perhaps.. or maybe a space marines style a'la Space Above and beyond. or maybe a Privateer'esque style setting... mechanics will be d20, tho I have not picked a specific game system a'la Modern, Fading Suns, Farscape, Dragonstar or the like..

this is a call of interest.. if you are sign up on our site and let me know..
    once I get a few players, we'll start hashing out the details of game times and such.

if interested please catch me on TS -> http://tcrgames.com

2. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

Stars, brilliant and ever calling. Traveling among them one feels as one of the gods themselves. The bright blues, blinding whites, dull reds and every other color that can be imagined reside here. Some are warm, others cold, but all stars have one singular thing in common, there is sure to be riches and an unerring opportunity for the stupid to die quick. - Captain Fontaine (ASG Hermes)

Welcome to the void friends. Out here on the edge of the nine worlds we make our way. We salvage, haul and fight. Everyday is an adventure, if space doesn't kill us, give equipment failure a chance or raiders. Hell, even the guilds have been known the scrap a ship if they feel it is in their interests.

The church, out here?.. well yes, but not like you think. Priests out here don't wield the almighty hand they do in the inner rings. No I am not saying they are not to be respected or feared. I'm only saying they tread a little more lightly out here in the quiet.

Look friend, the worst you have to worry about out here is a faulty drive coil and not having enough grog to make the next port.

Players will be "rescued" by the good captain Fontaine from a derelict ship floating lifelessly far beyond the nineth planet in the void.

Found in hypersleep he claims your vessel was unmarked and showed signs of having been fired upon. He doesn't know by who or why and says it is a good bet it was a very long time ago but of course can not give you an exact date as your vessels data storages were damaged so no retrieval was possible.

Over the last few weeks the captain has been in solitude, rarely leaving his cabin. He spends his time listening to music while he pours over old books and charts. His "crew" will answer no questions as to his mood and actions. The crew, if you can call it that is as bewildering as your dreams have been.

Jinx (Engineer) - It is obvious Jinx is born of some minor noble house, but she won't speak about it. She spends her days keeping the ship running and sometime that is by sheer will power.

Gruedar (Cook & Deckhand) - For a man his size it is amazing those massive hands are as agile as they are as he cooks in the galley. Watching him work is like fine art being created before your eyes. His speaks little and softly when he does talk. He refuses to discuss the church cross hanging from his waste coat. He claims in his youth he had once set upon the course of becoming a priest but in the end it just wasn't for him.

=======
    Draft of the game listing.

I am now leaning towards Serenity as a mechanics system...

3. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

BTW- if you are interested but do not have Serenity.. it's really ok.. having the system in hand is not a requirement to play..

4. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

here is a screen shot of some of the resources I have created using d20pro for the serenity game..

[​IMG]

full size image

5. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

6. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

7. ThePrankster

ThePrankster New Member

Hey, this may be to late and I apologize. But I was cruising through the web for a sci-fi themed d20 game. I would be interested. I have actually led a Serenity campaign myself.

8. Wesley Gorby

Staff Member

I am still trying to muster interest in the game.. stop in and say hello...

9. Tungmar

Tungmar New Member

Hi!

Just now found d20pro and I would love to try it in a SciFi setting! I played SciFi games whit Traveler and Paranoia before. In d20 systems I know DnD 3.5 and Pathfinder. I was looking for some Space Opera game since a while but I would as well be interested in other geners.
    For the months December to February I can make time almost always.

Thanks!