1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Screen Lag/Slowness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordValerius, Feb 3, 2012.

1. LordValerius

LordValerius New Member

Getting odd slowdowns at times...not always...it varies. Example would be, slow jerky movement when scrolling map or clicking on a token and 2 seconds later, it is targeted. My system is not a slouch...8GB Ram...I7 CPU...1TB HD...Seems to be just d20 suffering. Is it possibly that I have too many maps pre-loaded on my end, as I am the GM and like to have the maps that are going to be used pre-loaded and populated? What is the limit of maps you can have loaded at one time? I have around 20 right now...

Thanks!

LordV

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

This is typical when you are utilizing the high end of your java RAM allocation with any computer configuration. You can attempt to cleanup some resources by going to: Options > General > Advanced checkmark > "Attempt GC" OR only loading maps you will be using relatively quickly.

3. LordValerius

LordValerius New Member

Thanks!

I appreciate the advice....I have already started saving off the maps populated (Not sure why I had never done this before lol) and have increased RAM allotment, so we will see how it runs this weekend.

Thanks again!

LordV