1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Secret doors?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Coopernicus, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

Hey there,

So I've imported a map, problem is... big "S" for secret doors. Am in photoshop trying to cover up each one, but then what about when they DO find them? Ugh...

Can I create temporary tiles to cover up certain parts then delete them as we go along?

Thanks

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

When I build a map (I know, you imported yours) I leave the secret doors exposed until after I import the map. In D20PRO, I use a tile that matches the environment (when I make the map, I try to insure I have the same tiles in D20PRO) and I place that tile over the opening where the secret door is. In game, Once they roll that they have found the door, I can reveal the door by either removing the tile, or sliding it over to reveal the opening. I like to use Columns and such for that traditionally, but a Wall section tile would work well.

3. Coopernicus

Coopernicus Member

Interesting. Ok I can do that, IF I can import custom tiles somehow, but when I use the tile rotor I don't seem to have any options...

4. AEIOU

AEIOU Member

I use Photoshop to erase the secret doors from imported maps. In d20pro, I use Game Tools, Create Marker to place a marker where the secret door is. I change the icon by scrolling down to the 'S' for secret door. Change the visibility to be invisible. I can reveal it during play. Very easy to do.

5. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

I generally use a tile method, having the tile sit where the door should be, but the tile is 'Invisible'.. when they make their check I just toggle it 'visible'.. works very well..

6. Ginomazza

Ginomazza New Member

I like this idea and making the use of these game tools is very beneficial.