1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Snap to grid

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erdrix, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Erdrix

Erdrix New Member

I may have rolled a 1 on my perception, but is there a way to toggle the "snap to grid" off for tokens?

2. Erdrix

Erdrix New Member

I don't see the image scaler either. The picture in the online manual doesn't look like what I have.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Currently there is no toggle. All tokens snap to grid.

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Do you have a picture of what you see and a link to the online manual so I can reference? Thanks :)

5. Erdrix

Erdrix New Member

6. Erdrix

Erdrix New Member

I guess I should describe what I'm trying to do. :D I recreated a map in CC3 and left off the doors, so what I want to do is add them to the map in D20pro and then replace them in an open state by just swapping one image for another during play.

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

What I do is have the map display the "open" door, and create an image for the "closed" door. Then I'll place the "closed" door image using Manage Tiles on the map, then I can alter the visibility (visible=closed, invisible=open).

Here is the v3.3.x Help files (You found v2.x Help files)
    http://www.d20pro.com/help/UGGMDrawTools.php

Display Door
    [​IMG]

Manage Tiles, change visibility status on Door
    [​IMG]

Door Open
    [​IMG]

8. Erdrix

Erdrix New Member

Thanks, that helped a lot. One more question, I guess there is no way to turn snap to grid off on tiles either, is there? My doors are snapping to the center of the grid. :(

9. Erdrix

Erdrix New Member

I think I've come up with a work around. I changed the height to two and that allowed me to get it positioned correctly, but it sure is a thick door. :lol:

10. Erdrix

Erdrix New Member

Another dumb question, I've some how managed to drop a toilet in the middle of my dungeon and can't seem to find a way to remove it. It is not any of the layers in the manage tiles panel, so my guess is it is under the paint images section. How do you delete an image once it has been placed?

11. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Already answered in your other topic
    http://www.d20pro.com/help/UGGMDrawTools.php
    Note: the first black (where the current selection is "X") marks the eraser tool.