1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

So how do you actually test this program

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dragonlady, Feb 16, 2010.

1. dragonlady

dragonlady Member

I am attempting to test this program on my computer and am not having much luck in acctually starting the program.

I am running a Mac with the latest OS and patches.

I have downloaded the latest d20 version 2.0.3

I get to the login/registration screen, and it says that I may only log in as a player, and when I try to register, it will not allow me to do that.

The only "server" it brings up to attemp is the local loop "127.0.0.1" and when I try to access that it says access denied.

So far I am not really impressed with ease of use :?

From the screen shots I was ready to buy and try.

Second complaint where do you purchase this from?
    There is no store link on the main page, it is not on my favorite stores web page (Paizo).

How much does it cost, there is no true breakdown of costs, only "hints" (Client $10, Host $30+) putting a plus and not giving any other link or breakdown of cost is not very user friends yet again!

At this point I could not recommend this to friends and associates.

Sincerely,

A very disappointed reviewer and potential client.

2. Dan

Dan Member

Hello Dragonlady,

We appreciate the feedback and are going to address the license/downloads page to be more succinct and user-friendly. We are also going to provide some tips into the splash screen for first time users.

First, let me clarify a few things. d20pro runs on two types of licenses: GM and Player. Players log into a GM's game, not any of our servers, by connecting directly to the GM's computer via his IP address. GM licenses cost $30 and come with 2 open player slots to accommodate players that do not have a player license. GMs can purchase additional slots to support more unlicensed players if they wish for $10 each. Alternatively, players can purchase their own independent license for $10 which lets them join any GM's game without using up a guest slot.

When you first run d20pro, you only have a guest license which simply lets you get onto someone else's game. In order to truly test d20pro, you should Register an account and download a free 30 day trial. This trial license is a full GM + 2 guest slots license so you should be able to fully test our software (invite 2 friends to log in without licenses!)

To Register, click on the Register button at the bottom, then fill out the information. On the next page, enter your information and you will have an account with us. Then you can download a trial license.

For a complete tutorial on getting started with d20pro, please visit out Help Wiki.
    Specifically, check out our Starting d20pro tutorial, complete with a Youtube video. I'm including the video below for your convenience.

[youtube]TGtCJfpxwqI[/youtube]

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have other issues. I'm also willing to host a personal tutorial for you or your group. I'm available most evenings after 9 PM EST. Just send me a PM if you are interested.