1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

So... in there manual?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DaveCampbell, Sep 7, 2010.

1. DaveCampbell

DaveCampbell New Member

I've picked up some information from the Tutorial and and Basic pages, and a few tips from reading the forums. Most of this is of the Quickstart/Get You Running One thing I can't seem to find is a manual... is there a single doc somewhere detailing all the functions and howtos in the product I can print out, highlight, and learn from?

2. Dan

Dan Member

No, we only have the Online manual. Content changes often, and we've found that the online format allows for better searching, editing, linking, and updating. That and we can include all forms of media and attachments. You can print any page on the online manual that you wish though - just look for the print icon at the top!

3. DaveCampbell

DaveCampbell New Member

OK, I will dig a little deeper. I was just getting the feeling that the online help covered the basics, and there was much more complexity in the product than what was covered there. Things like management of resources (maps, images, etc) didn't' really seem to be covered... for instance, I tried re-organizing the folders under the 3.5 campaign, and found out that was a BAD idea... so was looking for some instructions and best practices....

4. Dan

Dan Member

My suggestion for resources is to generally save the files to your campaign folders (like images) ahead of time, and to select them from the library in the game rather than import them on the fly. I tend to get my maps sized right before I use them and then create a raw map of the right dimensions and fill it with the map.

I'll be starting some d20pro tutorials soon, so check our monthly games section in a week or so.