1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Something has to be done with the Fog of War

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by 7trokes, Feb 12, 2011.

1. 7trokes

7trokes New Member

A couple of weekends ago I hosted a game and had a large 3000 x 3000 + map, scaled so each 5 ft. sq. equaled 50 pi. This map depicted one large warehouse with many boxes stacked to ceiling blocking views of several portions of the warehouse. Within the stacked boxes where many paths and niches. It was a extreme pain in the butt to reveal the various PC views while in game using the current d20Pro FoW. My players painstakingly waited as I had to reveal each individual square as the hold and drag didn't seem to work as well in game. I ended up just hiding all the creatures and revealed the entire map.

There has to be a better way. Dynamic FoW would be best, with tools that allow sight blocking, thus being able to create a solid wall, etc. The ability to draw a square, with no limit of size, and be able to turn off/on FoW with a mouse click. I hate to say it, but something akin to MapTools FoW may be best.

On the positive side, I'm hosting my 4th d20Pro session tonight. The player's and myself enjoy the d20Pro VT and its ease of use. Keep up the good work d20Pro Team.

2. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

Dynamic fog of war would be freaking AWESOME! So each player only sees what their character can see. Ah, the possibilities...

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

Well you can change the size of the fog of war tool to be multiple squares in size so you can do a large swath at a time.

Another is we are working on a dynamic fog of war. When it will be release is unknown at this time.

Please Stand By

4. Dan

Dan Member

The dynamic fog of war demos that I've seen are pretty freakin sweet. We are looking for a summer release with those in there, but we'll know more as we progress. Light & shadow casting sources, dynamic fog, and line of sight blockers are some of the items on the list.

I would echo Oge Xam's suggestion to use the larger brush. Just roll the mouse wheel over the brush size or click the tumblers to get a 2x2, 3x3, or 4x4+ size brush for now.