1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Sorcerer spell problems

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Thrillba, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

I have exported my sorcerer from HL - Imported it into d20, but the spell number is messed up, and I can't change the number of spells either, what is wrong?

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

Attach your export file .hld20pro and give more details on what you mean by the number of spells are messed up, please.

3. Thrillba

Thrillba Member

I look in hero lab and everything is listed correctly, 8 lvl0, 5 lvl1, 3lvl2, 2lvl3, and 1lvl4.

When I import into d20 the listing is correct as far as the spells in her spell book, but the number is

20 lvl0, 8 lvl1, 5 lvl2, and the rest are 0, also I can't change this, is there any way that I can or is this something built in to an imported HL file that it can not be changed?

i had to change it to xml because the hld20pro wasn't allowed

4. ogexam

ogexam Member

The issue is not the import, but that d20Pro does not have a mechanism to handle Dragon Disciple's +1 arcane spell caster levels.

Here is is the work around, to get the correct number of spells and BAB

Set your level in sorcerer to 8 (since you are an 8th level caster).
    Set your Dragon Disciple level to 2 (so you keep the overall number of levels, which is importer if your con changes)
    Watch your BAB, currently it should still be correct at +5 (4 from sorcerer, 1 from Dragon Disciple) As you add levels in Dragon Disciple add the ones taht increase your caster level has sorcerer and those that do not as Dragon Disciple and then make a note of yoru true levels in the notes section.
    If the BAB is ever incorrect use the BAB override to give your character the correct BAB

This is a legacy issue with our magic system. There are plans to revamp the magic system to fix these issues, but the above is a workaround for you.