1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Space combat

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by admiralacf, Jul 12, 2010.

1. admiralacf

admiralacf New Member

Just found your website and your software looks very cool. One question, though. Can the software handle space combat? Specifically, I am interested in using the software to run the d20 Star Wars RPG.

Thanks.

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

should be possible any d20 game should be able to be converted. you may have to make some adjustments in spell and skills.

3. admiralacf

admiralacf New Member

Thanks for the reply. So what you're saying is that there isn't a mode or setting or anything for handling space battles between starships and the special rules involved in running them (like shields, firing arcs, maneuvers, etc), so those kinds of things would have to be handled separately from the software? Is that the case?

4. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

D20pro doesn't remove the necessity to track anything, even from the game it is designed to fully support.

Nothing, for example, keeps a player from moving 100 spaces in a turn. Other than diligence of the Game Master.

Likewise, if there is a d20 version of Star Wars - much of the game play will be supported and probably intuitive. Some of the gameplay may be able to be tweaked to better support Star Wars; and, no matter what you try, some portions of the game will have to be taken care of the old-fashioned way.

What I think works best is this:

Download the program (it is free for 30 days).
    Play with the software, and pose specific questions to the Dev's.

Very often, workable solutions to specific issues can be found.

5. ogexam

ogexam Member

I have not played the Star Wars Saga edition and have not done any space battles.

I am sure we can find some way to be able to do it with d20Pro though. Since everything in still d20 based.

Our goal was NOT to make a game.
    Our goal is to make a GM tool to allow for better and faster play.

d20Pro is an awesome tool for GMs and players a like, just remember it is a tool and not a game. What you do with d20Pro is your game.

We approach it that way so we can support as many game systems as possible.