1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Spell effect animations in conjunction with spell casting.

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by cyderak, Aug 24, 2010.

1. cyderak

cyderak Member

I have tons of spell GIF animations from the Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, and Planescape Torment games. I would love to use them in conjunction with D20Pro everytime someone casts a spell. Is there any way to set it up where whenever a spell is cast that the animation would play immediately after the template is placed over the targets? And the animation would be the same size as the template was.

I know I am asking alot but is this possible to do without being a professional software programmer?

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

I work around just popped in my head.

You could create a creature and put the spell or effect image on it. just put it down size it to abotu teh size of teh template make it visible broadcast count to 3. delete the creature and broadcast.

So from a players view an area about the size of the template gets the animation then goes away.

3. cyderak

cyderak Member

That is a good work around but I was wondering if the D20Pro guys were planning on doing anything like that in future releases. It would definitly simplify things if you could just click on an icon for Fireball and then the template would just pop up followed by a cool animation or jpeg of a spell again followed by the "damage done" screen.

4. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

Cyderak
    Where did u get the animations
    can u post a link

and

Ogexam
    Where is this "make it visible broadcast count to 3" in D20pro
    Thats what i have been trying to do create a count so it lasts only so long and disappears. Would that be created in the gif maker or the d20pro program.

5. cyderak

cyderak Member

6. Tivaan

Tivaan New Member

Cyderak
    I sent you a message with my email address

7. cyderak

cyderak Member

spell animations sent.