1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Spell points

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Swiftbones, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Swiftbones

Swiftbones New Member

Hello, dev guys.

I'm still considering the purchase of the d20Pro software. I'm pretty sold, but I have some questions. As a house rule, I have removed the Sorcerer character class, and have adopted a spell point structure instead of the memorization format. The formula is really simple: 1st level spells cost 1 spell point, 2nd level spells cost 2 spell points, and so on. Would I be able to modify game play on the software to facilitate this?

Thanks.

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

You could create an ability called Spell points and have it useable a number of times per day equal to how many spell points they have.

Then when they cast a spell they use the Spell Points ability to chalk off the spell points.

That would be one way to track it.

Or create a spell point creature to follow them, and set its hitpoints equal to the number of spell points, and if they cast a 4th level spell do 4 damage to the spell point creature. So at a glance the player can see how about how many spell points they have remaining.

Just ideas that popped into my head.

3. Dan

Dan Member

Those are amazingly elegant workarounds, Ogexam. I especially like the Spell Point creature. Damage/heal is very easy to do!

I would still let them choose spells as normal so they have them on their list, but use the spell point creature to track the pool.