1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Spells and effects

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Nighteagle, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Nighteagle

Nighteagle New Member

I have a request for using the Spells in D20. For a lot of my frequently used spells, I either create an attack for them (if they are melee or ranged touch attack especially), or sometimes I create a special ability. The Special Ability function is very nice because I can save all the level dependent information for each ability, and only have to revise it if the creature gains a level, such as DC for saving throws, duration in rounds, minutes, etc. But for the spells, although an effect can be attached after clicking on the spell, the saving throw effects and duration effects have to be entered manually each time (which I why I have been usually a special ability for the spell effects instead). It would be nice if each spell had the option of a pre-entered effect could be saved for it, then it would only have to be revised with each level gain, instead of entering the data each time the spell is used.
    Nighteagle

2. Dan

Dan Member

There are plans to tie special effects, spells, and attacks together. Stay tuned!