1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Spells.txt update inquiry.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Golkiwu, Jan 19, 2015.

1. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I was just looking on the D20pro rules on the Google Project site and noticed that the only thing that has been updated recently is the classes. This has brought a few questions to mind.

1) Does the updated classes list include new spells through end 2014 publications?

2) If the answer to #1 is YES, then is there an updated spells.txt that has not been posted/integrated?

3) What about the feats.txt? is there one for that as well?

I pose these mainly due to the fact that in August 2014 I made my own updated spell list (Advanced Classes Guide is not represented) based on the content from the D20PFSRD lists at the time. I also updated many of the classes to include this updated spell list. I will delve into the spell updates again at some point, but it is a real chore to segregate the data and see what is new per class/per level. Should I submit these files for consideration for updating the now almost 3 year old Spells.txt?

Feedback appreciated. :)

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Golkiwu! Many Thanks for all the help you do for the community!

When I updated the class list for 2014, I just wanted the saves progression and base attack bonus for the new classes.

Regarding Spell list, that may be the best one to update as we can always use custom spell list to save spells for characters at any level.

Regarding the Feats list. Since we can add custom feat names in character sheet, it is much easier and faster to add custom then type or copy-paste all the feats (comma separated) and it will work. Only feats requiring to be in the feats list are those that improve initiative or provide evasion/improved evasion for combat automation.

If you would like to update classes, spells, or feats. please do so; then after I quality check it I'll make it available via Free download on the Marketplace. If it is before the final release of V3.4 it will be included in the install packages also. :)

3. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

How would you like to receive the file? And do you want my Classes.txt with the additions in the class spells as well?

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member