1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

spells.txt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LordValerius, Oct 24, 2011.

1. LordValerius

LordValerius New Member

Ok, most likely a stupid question...but I have tried modifying the spells.txt file and placing it in the ManuallySpecified folder, but it doesn't seem to have the changes in the program. Information regarding this process seems fairly sparse to me...Pretty sure I've checked everywhere, but I could be wrong. It seems pretty straightforward, but I can't get my additions to end up in the program. What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks!
    Val

2. ChrisRevocateur

I haven't played around with the spells stuff yet, but I think for them to show up in for a character, you have to also go into the classes.txt file and add them to the classes that get them at the appropriate level that they gain them.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

The spells.txt file is a master list of all spells that can be used in the game. However, in order for any class to gain access to the newly added spells, you must add the new spell to each class you want to assign them to under the specific spell level.

Thus, let's say you added a spell "Ubber Magic" (a 5th level spell) inside the spells.txt file:
    Code:
    Ubber Magic
    Now, we need to add this spell to each class we want to have the new spell available. In the classes.txt file:
    Code:
    Spells5=Ubber Magic
    Your class may have additional spells after the "Spells5=" - you may simply put the new spell in front or in back of the list separated by a vertical line "|"

4. LordValerius

LordValerius New Member

Thanks so much for the instruction folks!!

Val