1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Spells

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by kridak, Aug 6, 2011.

1. kridak

kridak New Member

I find the spell effects to be very aggravating to setup.

Is there any chance you will be either rewirting this functionality or even better, setting up preset spells that adjust to character levels?

Setting up spells is truly annoying.

Love the rest of the system though!!!

kridak

2. Montis

Montis New Member

I support this motion.

But let's see what v3.0 brings :)

3. Daeruin

Daeruin New Member

I totally agree. I have heard that they are working on a new effect system. But who knows when we'll see it...

4. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Spells are very easy to deal with ingame, I have never understood why people have issues with it and you can create your own and save them ingame. That being said they are supposed to be creating a library of spell effects but only time will tell if they do.

5. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Yes, you can deal with spells in game "easy" it just takes too many steps and only pulls up what players store in their spell database as they create the effects. All people in this thread are asking for is a quicker way to deal with spells since there are too many steps. Especially when using spell database to load an effect then select the DC and save - it's just too many steps to keep game play quick.

On the positive side of things, making effects and spells quicker to use is the direction d20Pro will be going towards in the future.

6. jaly

jaly New Member

Many times, we find it simpler to just roll the spell effects and have the DM apply the damage. The only exception for me is AOE spells. If the spell effects were quicker/simpler to apply, then we would be more likely to use them.

7. neofax

neofax New Member

If the spell effects get added to a .dat file, people could theoretically share this file amongst the group. Problem is if someone adds spell A to their dat file and player B adds spell B and they share, one of the spells will be lost. Unless of course the .dat file is just a simple text file(that also means marked up text like XML or JSON's). If it is XML or JSON's inside a non encrypted file, I could possibly do all of the spells for Pathfinder in one swoop as d20PFSRD keeps an excel spreadsheet with most of this info already done.

8. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

That would be awesome if this could happen in an easier manner. As you describe would certainly be a step in the right direction.