1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Status Icons.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bigkilla, Dec 8, 2010.

1. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

OK. So I have installed 2.3 and when I go to add a status feature to the token it says no status icons installed. So my question is where do i get the status Icons like the ones in the picture below. And where do they install to? The res/image/status folder? thanks for the help

[​IMG]

2. bigkilla

bigkilla Member

Nevermind i figured it out

3. ogexam

ogexam Member

For others then.

The preinstalled content will contain a status.zip file in its manually specified folder.

Copy that file into your already existing campaigns manually specified folder and you will have the status icons.

4. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

Yeah, i used the core installer and have the same issue

I'll download the full content then ..

5. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

and this is not in the release notes either

6. Remaker

Remaker Member

I need some clarification here. Could you maybe give the exact path name for the folder where the status icons are? I searched through the whole D20Pro tree, and I could only find a single folder called 'manually specified,' and that was for my existing campaign. I did find a folder called res/image/status which does contain some icons and might be the 'preinstalled content' that you're talking about, but it only contains icons that we've had since the beginning (dead, disabled, and immobilized).

Under judge/campaigns/(my campaign)/temp I found a new folder called status, which seemed promising, but it was empty.

Interestingly, the manually specified folder in my own campaign now contains a zip called 'status,' which I don't remember being in the older versions, but it's empty and can't even be opened by winzip.

It sounds like a corrupt download, but I downloaded it twice.

???

7. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

I found it in the OGL 3.5 Campaign (when installed from the FULL install, not the Core install) , same folder as in your personal campaign

Also attached to this reply

(i hope it's ok with D20pro/forum guys.. just remove it, if not)

Attached Files:

8. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Place it in the following directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\MindGene\d20Pro\judge\campaigns\<your campaign here>\res\ManuallySpecified

9. Remaker

Remaker Member

Hey thanks! I didn't catch that 'pre-installed content' meant 'the campaign that comes with the FULL installer.' It makes sense now. I skipped the optional campaign stuff and got totally lost!

Anyways, the icons work great. Probably my favorite new feature in this release.

10. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met,

Thanks for the diagnosis and workarounds all. The instructions for how to introduce these files to upgraded campaigns will be in the newsletter coming out early next week.

In the meantime I've also hosted these files directly on the website:

* http://d20pro.com/dl/status.zip
    * http://d20pro.com/dl/stats.zip

11. lexluthor

lexluthor Member

These status icons are great! This will make my life so much easier!

12. Zandari

Zandari New Member

Hello everyone,

I have been playing around with the status icons a little bit today, adding some for spells (prayer, bless, fly, etc.) and have run into a roadblock.

If you have more than 50 statuses, you can't see them all on the chooser.

In other words, right click the creature, pick status, see a list of icons, it is limited to 50 (on my screen at least, which is 1680x1050 pixels). You might be able to get more on a taller screen, or less on a shorter screen.

Is there a way for you guys to make it so that, if I have a whole slew of potential status icons (there are a minimum of 34 conditions in Pathfinder, plus lots of other effects that are nice to see represented), you can scroll up and down through that list?

Here are the statuses I currently have:
    Astral
    Beast Form
    Bleeding
    Bless
    Blinded
    Blur
    Cowering
    Dazed
    Deafened
    Delay
    Dominated
    Entangled
    Ethereal
    Fighting Defensively
    Flying
    Frightened
    Gaseous Form
    Grappling
    Hasted
    Helpless
    Held (Hold Person)
    Invisible
    Levitating
    Mirror Image
    Die Modifiers (+2, +4, +6, -2, -4, -6)
    On Fire
    Poisoned
    Diseased
    Petrified
    Pinned
    Power Attacking
    Prayer
    Prone
    Readying
    Resist acid
    Resist cold
    Resist fire
    Resist electricity
    Resist poison
    Sleeping
    Slowed
    Squeezing
    Stealth/Hidden
    Stunned
    Surprised
    Total Defense

That is right at my screen limit, and there are several others I would like to add (Stoneskin, Prot from evil, etc.).

Is this something that can be done?

13. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

At this time we do not have the ability to scroll up or down through the current list of status icons. Thus, I would remove the icons you are not using in the game.

To do this, find the "status.zip" file inside ...\judge\campaigns\Pathfinder OGL\res\ManuallySpecified or whichever campaign you are running (to assist others who have a similar question). Open the file using a program that allows you to change ZIP files. Copy-Paste them elsewhere so you can keep the unused status icons in case you need them later. Then delete the icons you do not use.

For statuses like bless, blinded, dazed, deafened, dominated, etc... these can be seen in the Effects Window (if the GM assigned effects to the character). However, currently this method does not show a fancy status icon on the character.

14. Zandari

Zandari New Member

Sure, I can remove some of the icons, and I have done so, but what I really want to do is ADD more status icons. Screen real estate is hard enough to come by that once I have the roster open, and the game log open, there isn't enough space (on a 24" widescreen, mind you) to properly keep a large-scale combat going with the Effects window as well. Of course, once we get to a point (please-o-please) where we can pull those windows OUT of the primary and stick them on a second monitor, this problem will alleviate.

By keeping the Effects window out of it, and adding the capacity for more status icons, I can tell at a glance whether a creature has something going on with it. Perhaps make the status chooser have subtabs - one for the standard Conditions (of which there are 34), one for spell effects, one for combat effects (total defense, grappling, fighting defensively, just charged, etc.), and so on.

Z

15. neofax

neofax New Member

+1 I support this approach as it is easier to find what you are looking for instead of scrolling thru a mountain of statuses.

16. Fkewlb

Fkewlb New Member

ah, nice, didn't know we could play with it like that !

17. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I expand d20Pro to use up one and a half monitors (2880 x 1920). The second monitor then can handle all the open windows while using the first monitor to only focus on the map/battle.

Though, if d20Pro had the option to have all windows true floating windows (can move them anywhere, even outside the of the main d20Pro window) I would highly support this. This would be a great feature request if someone wants to post it! :)

This is another awesome feature request!

Perhaps one way to implement this is similar to the custom dice naming convention such as "status-spell-effects.ZIP", "status-combat-effects.ZIP", "status-misc.ZIP" and etc. Then them accessible via: right-click > Status >

Perhaps another way to implement this is using the single "status.zip" file, and when the user adds a folder inside the ZIP file it will add a category named like the folder name inside the ZIP file. Thus, if we had inside the "status.zip" file three folders each containing appropriate status icons and named like "Combat Effects", "Misc. Effects", and "Spell Effects" that the right-click > Status > would display something similar to this...

[​IMG]
    Note: this image is simulated.

18. Zandari

Zandari New Member

That's what I want!

Z

19. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member