1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Statuses in 4th Ed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mercury00, Apr 28, 2011.

1. mercury00

mercury00 New Member

The Tutorials talk about setting statuses on creatures in d20pro. When I open the status menu (u), I see a blank window that takes no input. It's never got anything in it for any characters ever. There's nothing else in the Tutorials that tell me how to set a 'status' of a character.

I'm trying to do something like dazed, stunned, restrained, prone, that sort of thing.

[edit]: So what nobody was saying was that even if you have a status.zip file in your campaign folder, if you see no 'status' icons in the status menu, you need to download a brand new status.zip file:

download/file.php?id=217

(Or rather, people were saying that in a very unclear way).

I think maybe this would be a little useful for people trying 4th edition d20pro games:

https://rapidshare.com/files/459705572/status.zip

Let me know if it needs anything.

2. Gnoll

Gnoll New Member

Love the pics for Status symbols. too bad I can't get this to show up correctly. My status window is empty in game.

installed in the judge/campaign/legacy campaign/res/manuallyspecfied/status/ doesn't work. when exported it does create another status folder inside the status folder and I tried it a couple of different ways. Frustrating..

3. Gnoll

Gnoll New Member

Its seems like the problem is that when I create a new "status" folder with pics and launch D20pro. The program will creates a new empty compressed folder named "status"

So when you close and reopen the folder location window you'll see two folders by the same name. one compressed empty folder and the one you created full of the status pictures.

hmmm

4. thraxxis

thraxxis Member

Hail and well met Gnoll,

d20Pro is looking inside the status.zip file for the icons to display. If you'd like to add your own status images, you will need to place them inside status.zip. Then restart d20Pro and they should show up. If your legacy campaign does not have any status images, copy the status.zip file from the default 3.5 campaign. Hope this helps. :geek:

5. Gnoll

Gnoll New Member

Gotcha. Thank you!

6. mercury00

mercury00 New Member

I see what I did wrong. I made a zip file called status with a folder in it called status. Or rather, my zip program did. Sorry about that.

I'll upload another one, because after gaming, I realized I need way more statuses. I'm using statuses as markers so I know each round who my rouge's 'sneak in the attack' applies to, my cleric's 'prophetic guidance' is on, who's taking ongoing damage, all of that stuff. Since d20pro doesn't have temp hp pools yet, I'm even using it to track who's got an active temp hp pool. Right now, 1-6 temp hp points statuses work ok, but maybe at higher levels you can get more temp hp's (they don't stack, so they never really get too big anyway).

When it looks a little prettier I'll post a link.

7. mercury00

mercury00 New Member

Sorry, meant to post this earlier. This is still just a work in progress, because, statuses should really be powerful ways to track effects, marks, conditions, that sort of thing (not everything, but, well, temporary - statusy kinds of things). Here's my current status.zip file, and it obviously is a skeleton get-you-going kind of thing so far. This is because I put status-like player powers in too, and that's a big list of things that could be added. If you delete the player power statuses, it could still be pretty useful for 4th.

Attached Files: