1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Strange Map issues for my players

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by B0sh1, Feb 13, 2014.

1. B0sh1

B0sh1 New Member

So, I did a connection test with several friends to make sure they could see D20 PRO session. There was one map that while I saw the terrain, the players saw a large lock symbol in place of the map. This was a map I had found online and used GIMP and imported via clipboard. Also, instances where some players saw a map and others did not even after closing and reopening. The game log indicating that they weren't loading anything. Is there a certain resolution or map size that simply can't be broadcasted? It also seemed like I had to hit the broadcast icon periodically to push the latest update to the players. The responsiveness of the creatures were fine when control was given. Seems like the real delay was map loading and visibility.

2. KainPen

KainPen Member

is your players that are having issues running on wifi? it sounds like band with issues due to mapping being large in size. Your players video card may not be able to handle it also. If they are using laptop and have inlet integrated graphic could very well be the issue. I have made a map so large even with a 1gig video card would lock up from time to time. Java could be corrupt. java is really quirky it will work for most things but fail to work at something else. I see this at my work all the time.

1st step uninstall java and reinstall reboot in between if though java does not make you. see if that fixes the issues.
    2nd see what type of video card they are using and how much video memory it has. if small amount try loading very small map and see if loads.
    3rd have them connect to network via lan cable. (wifi been responsible for many of ps3 bricked system back in the day. the way wifi work it is actual highly like to corrupt some data in transfer) if that fixed it is bandwidth issues
    4th try to turn off fire wall on their system. This can kill band with also. they may need to do some port forwarding their router make sure all the packet are going to the correct location and not being lost.