1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Subscription Deletion

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Dragonmaster13, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Dragonmaster13

Not sure if this has been reported before but here goes. I am running the latest version of d20Pro on Windows 7. This last sunday during the game there were times when I would hit "Q" for Quick Attack or "A" for Attack and a box would pop up asking if I wanted to delete the subscription for the Message Log. I would have to click the "X" or Cancel on the box to be able to continue. It happened almost 20 times on an 8 hour game and this is not the first time it has happened either.

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

Sounds like you needed to close the decision window inside the other window that popped up.

Possibly.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Just to clarify, is this the window that popped up?
    [​IMG]

If so, I was unable to recreate this event on my Windows 7 machine simply by pressing "Q" or "A" on the game map with any number of subscriptions open in the game log.

Question 1: Under the d20Pro Menu > Options > General ... What is your Upper Memory Limit?

Question 2: If you goto d20Pro Menu > Options > Judge ... and press "Refresh resources" and try again, does it still ask you to confirm a delete for a game log subscription when pressing "Q" or "A" on the game map?

4. Dan

Dan Member

I couldn't recreate it either, sorry! Has it happened again?

5. Dragonmaster13

Yes that is the window that pops up. Upper level limit is 494.94M.

I have pressed Refreash Resources but may not have a game for a week and half

It didn't pop up the window ever time, just about every 5th time or so.

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Very interesting...

I had this same thing happen to me when I was running a game this past evening. It only happened once during the four hour game session and I wasn't running a debug program to find out what operation it was doing prior to the event. And since I recognized it I wanted to find out what would happen if I deleted said subscription... It deleted the first subscription "All"

Only thing different about the programs running in the background was the addition of TeamSpeak3 Server and Client. Since I wanted to test out TeamSpeak3 to see how it compared to Skype.

7. Dragonmaster13

Right now I am just running it during our face to face game on Sundays. Judge running on my laptop and Guest on another screen. This way they can see the formations for the encounter, sound effects, keep track of conditions, hp, and spell durations.

8. Zandari

Zandari New Member

Actually, I got this same error quite a bit Friday night. I wasn't paying a lot of attention to events around it, though.

I am running Windows Vista Business, and have two instances of d20Pro up - one on my screen, and one on a projector for the players.

I had the Roster and Game Log open the entire game, and was only using A(ttack) for the bad guys, letting the program handle damaging the players. The players roll their own dice, and I just D(amage) the creatures as needed. I did use (H)eal a few times on the players, as the cleric would channel.

If I remember correctly, the message would pop up every so often when I hit A, and every so often when I would hit [space] to end someone's turn.

9. Dan

Dan Member

Submitted. If anyone can figure out the circumstances around the bug, that would help. I've been unable to reproduce.