1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

suggestion for later add ons.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KainPen, May 3, 2010.

1. KainPen

KainPen Member

Most of my suggestion are because i have players that still want to play with paper and don't want to bring laptops to game.

I like to see Scroll bars add to maps for easyer scrolling. I have the auto scroll set up but when i go to move my mouse to change to players side on that i have set up on the other side of monitor. the map moves then i have to go back and fix. A scroll bar system on instead of auto scrolling would be much easyer to use.

An Export or print out system of characters. Example I am GMing a game that has premade characters. so instead of having to input said characters in to both d20 pro and on to a character sheet, either in adobe or hero lab. We could export them to some sort of format for printing.

just a few idea i am sure i wll come up with more.

2. Dan

Dan Member

Are you on a PC or Mac? You can right-click and drag the map to move it in Windows. On a Mac, you can use the CTRL key I think to simulate right-clicks, or buy a 2 button USB mouse for $5 or so. Right-click drag, or even zoom out with the wheel, then zoom in where you want to look.

If you are using Hero Lab, just export from Hero Labs to d20pro and import into d20pro. You can print from Hero Labs and not have to input the characters manually into d20pro - saving you lots of time!

3. KainPen

KainPen Member

I use PC and Linux. i don't use hero labs but it was suggested to me. I used adobe Pro PDF to make custom character sheets when i had access on my old work laptop. Now i use nitro pdf to edit the sheets a lot cheaper then adobe.

4. KainPen

KainPen Member

the suggestion for Exp box/ caculator made me think of this one

level up button in the character sheet. it would send a notice to GM client that user is requesting a to level up his character
    the DM can then approve said level up or not. Approve the level up would give the player the ablity to tempory edit his character sheet. raise his hit dice ect. when player goes to save and close editting of the sheet. another message is sent to dm and the GM can approve the changes made before they saved. would save a ton of time for GM

just though of this one the ablity to change item's visablity. that way a GM can pre put all the treasure on the map and only with play pass search check does he get to see the items then plays can go up to item and pick it up adding it to inventory.

5. Daggeth

Daggeth New Member

Allowing players to updater their character is something that we were discussing just the other day. We did sketch out a rough plan for something similar to what you described Kaipen but it's not at the point where I'd be able to give you a better idea when it would be released. Keep the suggestions coming if you have more along these lines.

6. KainPen

KainPen Member

here is another suggestion. for later add one. i like to see a saving throw conformation box just like the to hit one.
    it could have a button that says Save successful, no effect save successful half effect and save successful 1/4 effect. fail save effect , fail saved double effect no save roll need effect happens.

7. KainPen

KainPen Member

here a few more i just got after doing some more testing for D&D 2.0

1. a check box next to ability scores that lets you put in your own modifier or turn off the mod. this would open the functionality of the program to support more RPGS other then D&D
    Example
    d&d 2.0 to initiative does not add dex bonus to increase the roll, and a player has to know what his score is to do skill checks. as dm i would check off on the character sheet to not apply the mod anywhere. or set the mod to 0 since i don't need the mod. but my player still need to see his score. so he can do his skill checks. my next idea fix flat footed ac cause by this. i can stick any ac bonus from dex in unnamed.

2. A dice fudger for GM
    when ever a roll is sent to DM for conformation the dm would have an arrow on both sides the dice rolled that he can adjust the dice roll up or down from these arrow or +/- this would allow for on the spot situation modifiers attack from cover, shooting bow long distance, taking cover for a save. ect

as a dm i would like all dice rolls to be confirmed by me maybe that could be option in GM setting confirm all rolls. that would open this table top soft ware to a lot more games out there.

really would only need the dice fudger and the ability to confirm all rolls set by players. the ability score mod would allow for easy up having to fudging every roll on dm and allow for faster movement of game.

8. Lord Elderon

Lord Elderon New Member

Good stuff here! Thanks.

9. KainPen

KainPen Member

was thinking for dice fudger the game log does not display what is rolled until after the dm confirms that way players are unaware of the fudging of the dice.

10. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

Actually, you have the ability to always hide your dice rolls from the players.

Just click on the 20-sided dice icon.

Which allows for "fudging" now.

11. KainPen

KainPen Member

i talking about fudging the players rolls them self's not the dm rolls. Example: Bob Elf ranger is shoot his his bow at Orc that has 2/3rds cover. this give him lets say a -4 to hit roll to hit the orc or +4 to orcs ac. but because bobs elf is on high ground he gets a +1 to his attack roll. the dice fudger would allow me to just adjust players roll by -3 with him or her knowing. as the program stands i would have to go mod the attack roll of the player on his character sheet for 1 attack or adjust the orcs ac for something that may only last one round or per attack. if bob had a friend that the orc was only getting 1/2 cover. ect just something that is a little extra. to speed thing up a little and allow for more freedom to have special rules or circumstance and integrate them into the system. some one else mention in another post, about a feat or ability that allows a player to re roll a 1 on damage rolls or make all 1=2. a dice fudger would make this easier to implement. I ask to hide fudge from players because it will reduce question as to why maybe they missed an attack. example from above bob does the math in his head i need a 14 to hit normal. the dice is rolled it = 14 but dm says it it miss. the player ask why you have then explain it to them about the bonus to hit and the - because of cover. some times players forget that what said cover bonus is or what other mods may be in effect. this would save a lot of time if some one is playing the gave via internet.

of course this feature is only available to dm.

as i suggest this should be a option that a dm can turn on and off. some may like it other may not. the fudger would allow for more games to be playing on the system instead of just d20 games.

12. ogexam

ogexam Member

For the modifiers to the attack, they are there in the attack gump. To hit and Damage mods.

If the PC has a reason to add +4 then they can do that when they implement the attack before submitting it to the GM.

Now I would like a dice fudger too.

The way I see it best working is as follows.
    Attack screen. When the DM see the attack and what the PC rolled, to be able to click on the dice and change that number. That way when it comes across in the game log it looks as if the roll was natural.

Fudging on the attacks shoudln't be too hard to implement.

Fudging an all the other dice would require some work. Would need to put in a stop when dice are rolled to see if the DM wants to fudge them. Should still be easy, but would take a good bit of work since the system does not prompt when a player rolls a save it just gives the result.

13. KainPen

KainPen Member

that basically how i would want the fudger to work. i as a DM would like the for conformation from all dice but i know some dm would not that why i suggest it maybe being a setting that can be turned off in the dm options.

14. ogexam

ogexam Member

The toggle to have it on and off should show to the players if it is on or off as well.

A flag that says open dice rolls when the DM has the fudger turned off.

That way when you are running Pathfinder Society games you will have open dice on, so nobody can say a DM was cheating. Since it is displayed to the user that the DM cannot modify yours or his dice rolls

15. KainPen

KainPen Member

sounds good to me send to to the devs hehehe.

16. ogexam

ogexam Member

Will do <sends it to the devs>

<gets and email> Hey I just wrote this.

hahahaha

It is on our list now.

17. KainPen

KainPen Member

added Effect section of a spell
    when you go to Hit points and add Dice
    Add Temporary Hit points as a Dice roll in addition to the set number.

It would be kewl if we can adjust energy types of damage as it can't be healed through fast healing.

example Trolls can fast heal Acid or Fire damage.

18. KainPen

KainPen Member

maybe add in the spell section the ability for a spell to target the same person more then once. example Magic Missile. If the player has 4 missiles wants to send
    2 at one target and the other two at two other monsters. The program will left you select every target once but i can't select the target that is getting hit with two missiles. For a solution i put 1d4+1 MM in the attack section of character and spell effect when all missiles hit one target. if not this way i have to create effects for every missiles .