1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions.

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Tharck, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Tharck

Tharck New Member

*Disclaimer - I know there are work arounds for some of these. "Work-Arounds." Im asking for polish and whistles thus why im listing it as a feature request and not reporting it as a bug.

Colored Text options.

When applying "Damage" as a Judge, being able to apply it as other types of damage such as fire or cold.

Higher maximum size on Templates for AoEs.

Editable items, so if a PC puts on a +STR item it can be applied through the item.

Normal and Modified stat boxes, like every character sheet.

An undo button. (Think anyone who builds anything in game would enjoy this)

The ability to terminate someone's access to the game.

The ability to allow specific Players the ability to see invisible monsters without making them a judge over the monster. This helps keep the other PCs unaware of where a monster is located but allows those who can to see the monster on the board.

The ability to allow PCs to see damage taken and damage done by invisible monsters.

Prestiege Classes could use a "Ride-on-Effect" to the Spellcasting class they are related to. "+1 existing caster level" type classes become a slightly annoying problem when I have to keep their actual levels in the note files because I need to make sure it says "Wizard 7" so they can cast 4th level spells. So things come out looking like, Fighter 2, Wizard 8, Arcane Knight 5 when the person is really a Level 2 Fighter, Level 4 Wizard, and Level 5 Arcane Knight. Which now means I have to edit the BAB. It takes more work than it should (something a program is supposed to convert into ease of use)

The ability to reach through the monitor and slap someone. Sounds mean, but useful.

A less laggy item management window for the player-side of things. Currently its easier to list items in notes, and not in the item section. Making the item tab and features (wait it has none) more worthless than beneficial.

The ability play sound files that the PCs hear. Doors opening, footsteps, etc.

That's all I could think of in a couple minutes.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

All good suggestions, each of which I hope makes it in a future update.

Yes, this one too! :p Though, if you just were able to play a sound of a "slap" and only play it to one player... that would suffice for me.

3. Tharck

Tharck New Member

/signed.

Another feature would be to create your own teams, colors, and names for those teams. I enjoy using the "Team" colors to show how difficult a monster is. I also wouldn't mind setting up alliances on my world map that the players most across to travel from place to place, but being able to name them by color rather than in their note file would be slightly easier for me (or building a map key the players cant see) and a dozen teams is not enough for my taste. Something along the lines of 30 teams would be better, thus if the team field was more customizable I would find the feature even MORE useful than it already is. Not a big huge feature, but its already there mostly, just need to be allowed to edit it easier. (Being able to generate your own colors, and name each team)

A hot key to change elevation.

The default "Rest" function rests all players "Charge" abilities, by default this should not be the case. Charges should be spent and never returned, and thus I have to select all my players and manually rest their spells and then manually rest their /Day abilities and the short-cut becomes meaningless. Actually the short cut becomes a problem as well since if I do accidently rest their charges I cannot un-do this and remembering a character's exact charges with 14 different staves and wands becomes an issue. There are two item types in 3.Anything some with charges which renew each day (a per day ability) and for the most part anything with a charge cannot be recharged.

Bringing me to my next point, the special ability /day /charge /will /init are simply not enough for full customization. Being able to set a /2 days, /week, /month would expand the list. Also these abilities being automatically restored when the game clock begins a new day (or 6:00am) instead of needing a rest would also be helpful for keeping track. Being able to set "Midnight" or "Dawn" in the judge options to control these fields would be nice as well. Though for best customization being able to set your own specific time the auto refresh occures would benefit all players more.

An option to keep creatures not on the current map out of the initiative roster would be beneficial as well. My poor "Passive" roster has more than 300 creatures and 400 chests on it when I have a part of my world map open. I have to consistently change from one map to another as well.

"Limbo" should be a seperate and openable roster, being able to quickly send characters to limbo and pull them out of a small box would make map transitions slightly easier as well. Currently I have to click on them all and then "move location" to my new map gets tiresome, especially when there are still dead monsters littering the map the PCs are on. Or whatever else the Judge wants to use limbo for, being able to VIEW it like a roster I think most DMs will find some use for it.

4. ChrisRevocateur

Hear hear! The ability to add new damage types and new lines of damage on the fly would be f-ing GREAT!

Couldn't agree with you more!

Again, I'm with you, but I doubt this will be implemented any time soon. The items don't do anything as of now, and they need to expand what items can do (including item slots, generic/identified names, and better description text input/reading), as well as somehow allow players to affect them, before they start adding adjustments to characters due to items (though potions that actually healed you, or gave you some other effect when consumed/destroyed would be a great start).

Eh, I don't think this is such a big deal, but we need to definitely change it so players have control of their sheets, so when something DOES change, the Player can do it instead of the GM, though of course you'd want to include a GM permission decision box with any changes. In fact, that could be the way that Players can get control of their character sheets! Just give them complete and utter control, same as a Judge, over any creatures they own, but make any changes subject to a Judge Permission Decision pop-up. That would be extremely easy to implement. Seriously, I WANT PLAYER CONTROLLED SHEETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES!

I haven't had any trouble with players in my d20Pro games yet, but I fully agree with this.

YES! Maybe make it so you click on the invisible creature, then, while holding control, click on all the creatures that can now see the invisible creature, and while STILL holding control, press V to cycle through the visibility for the base creature for only the other creatures selected.

Eh, personally, I don't see this as that necessary.

This would be really nice.

As any program that connects people over great distances should!

Covered this earlier in my response.

F Yeah!

5. ChrisRevocateur

Eh... not so much. I tend to go borderless unless I'm using it to mark something (I use an invisible fine sized creature with a blank picture and the red team border to denote traps. This way all I see on the map is a little red circle in the square where the trap is, and when the PC's find it or set it off, I can just change the visibility of the creature, and they too will see the little red circle, and can double click to get a description of the trap.)

YES! Would make flying battles a lot easier. Maybe the + and - symbols? 5' increments is perfect.

Agreed. Each charge ability should have a seperate manual rest, maybe where you can input a number for the number of charges restored.

The ability to use multiple charges or uses in a single go would be great too, that way when a player uses 3 charges from a staff to do something, he doesn't have to click the ability 3 times and have me approve it 3 times.

Even without the custom or automatic resting, being able to set custom per/blank abilities would be great, or even just an expansion of the official ones to include per week/month/etc, would be great.

Not quite a problem for me yet. I haven't gotten to sandbox games with this yet (you've gotta put in a LOT of stuff to be able to GM on the fly with this program).

Hear hear! For that matter, the initiative screen should be able to be brought up at any point during a combat.