1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Support for dual monitors

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Unoeye, Jul 5, 2015.

1. Unoeye

Unoeye New Member

Please provide support for dual monitors. Dual monitors are more common these days. More screen real estate means less zooming in and out and less flipping tools on and off. This is more useful for the judge I suppose, but a player might take advantage of it to have handouts open at the same time as the map for example.

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

There is a discussion on dual monitor support here, perhaps that might be of some help. I am sure they would benefit from further input.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I use d20Pro on multiple monitors, I just stretch the d20Pro window to fill the area that I need. First monitor is map only, second monitor is only 3/4 used and contains all the tools in d20Pro so I can make quick changes. That leaves 1/4 of the second monitor to view reference docs (adventure PDF, etc). And on my third monitor I use for combat manager (primarily for spell references) and web browsing while waiting for players to decide what to do :lol: If interested I can post a screenshot.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

Nice set up dooood! I want that <chuckle>

5. Unoeye

Unoeye New Member

Excellent suggestion! Why didn't I think of that?

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

7. Unoeye

Unoeye New Member

This works, but has some annoying side effects. For example, when I click on a creature in the roster it re-centers the map and I have to drag it back to the first screen. Also the tool-tip windows pop up right across the monitor split and it won't let me move them. But still a reasonable work-around. Thanks!