1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Temp HPs and other bugs.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by Tharck, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Tharck

Tharck New Member

Temp HPs apply themselves over and over when used on a buff raising the total number of Temp HPs. As far as i've seen, it doesnt even need game time to progress in order to achieve this repetition, thus even when not in combat rounds or messing with the time clock it still spools temp HPs higher and higher. Temp HPs on the norm, do not raise every round with any buff or spell i've seen. Mostly due to the no stacking rule. Default should be static.

Spells in general could be done better with a search function for the Save/Load and it actually keeping in ALL the details when loaded, as Special Attacks do.

Characters are still unable to edit their own character sheets (Im assuming this is a bug since release) without buying their own judge client, or paying for HeroLabs, which still places this Software behind many other (even though they're crappier) VTs which allow for this.

Saving Throws (poor or good) listed inside of the manually specified class folder are still meaningless since the VT doesn't use it. Im assuming this is a bug as well for there is no point in having those details otherwise.

When a PC submits 2 or more attacks the 1st attack is not performed first. This leads to confusion on how a 15 misses with their first attack but their second attack hits on a 12. Not a game breaker but a bug none the less.

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I've just retested this, temp HP adds to the current HP once, then drops it back down as listed in the core rules when the duration is completed. Perhaps the Judge is using the Fast Healing/DOT for their effect. If not, can you retest and tell me the procedure used so I can duplicate what you are experiencing.

100% agreed, while this is not a "bug" it was by design at the time. This spells and effects system is on the list of upgrades which will be improved. Currently I don't use the Spell system, I create all my effects as Abilities so all the player does is click on their "Ability" such as "Fireball" target the group they effect using a template then submit the request to the GM. This is by far much quicker than using the "Spell" system and either creating it or going through the Load process and entering in the type of save DC and duration.

I completely agree, players should have the ability to edit their character while connected to the Judge, however, this is by design and not a "bug."

Very true. I'm not sure when d20Pro stopped reading or utilizing the data "GoodSaves=" field. But you're absolutely correct.

This has to do more with how the Judge approves the attacks. The attacks appear in the Action window from left to right the order the attacks are made.
    IF the player submits the attacks, the attack resolution that the Judge/GM sees is in order from left to right.
    IF the Judge/GM submits the attacks, the attack resolution that the Judge/GM sees in in opposite order from right to left. In this case, you must manually go back to the first attack (all the way to the left) and resolve them from the left to right manually. This latter situation, I agree with your assessment.

3. Tharck

Tharck New Member

I'll duplicate the Temp HPs reoccuring tonight when im at my home computer. Thanks for your responses.

4. Tharck

Tharck New Member

I think I liked it better when I believed it bug. Logically I can only think the reason now is because it will generate more money for Pro (or Herolabs). Im open to the idea it may be a different reason, but it needs to be addressed. PCs not being able to edit their own characters without shelling out more money is unacceptable. We all know how frustrating it is editing a character, importing a character, exporting characters, Emailing characters, etc (especially for the first time). For me as a PC its not a problem, I run a judge client along with my player client and update in real time. It is amazing, and could be even more amazing if Pro actually supported its paying customers by adding this feature.

Virtual Gaming is the way of the future, and D20 Pro is at the forfront. The program should be designed not simply as a platform, but as a program is intended - to do the work for you. It's time consuming when someone needs to edit their spell list, and we are forced to either spend time addressing that or completely ignoring the Spell Tab feature in Pro as a work around with the PC emailing or messenging me their Spell List. Or changing their damage slightly, or adding a new weapon, or what have you. D20 Pro can ALWAYS be better, regardless of how many features, and people will always complain. HeroLabs simply doesn't cut it, and asking my PCs to spend 30 bucks of their own and then learning the program, all so they can upload their own characters and update in real time is completely dissapointing. When speaking to people about Pro, and listing its Pros and Cons it always listed as a "Con." "You can do this, and that, and this, and that oh and they have this too... but no you cannot edit your own character sheet in real-time - actually you cant edit it at all without spending more money." That turns people off. Fix this.