1. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

template centered on character

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by garetjax, Oct 12, 2013.

1. garetjax

garetjax New Member

Hi Folks,
    How do I create a colored template that is centered on a PC and moves with him?
    For example, if he casts a spell on himself with a radius of 10ft. How do I represent him on the map?
    I tried using the map templates (cones, bursts, blasts, etc) but only a few of those are centered on the PC, and they don't move with the PC.
    If this feature is not in the current version, are there any workarounds?
    Thanks.

GJ

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

I am pretty sure that this is not supported ATM. I REALLY hope that it is in the works but would be implemented with a proper FoW, which we are all waiting on. A work around? I have no suggestions on that except setting up an effect that you would have to place on each person in the aura, and then remove each time they move out of range, on an individual basis. Honestly, that way is quite a time consumer, but viable.

3. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Correct, with light source based FoW this would work.

Currently, I would just create a custom label or place a status icon on the creature to remember the aura.