1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Temporary Hit Points

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Gnoll, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Gnoll

Gnoll New Member

Played last night with my crew and one of the player's is using a Cleric with Sacred Flame and another player is constantly throwing powers with temporary hit points. I would like a feature that nicely handles added temporary hitpoints. Currently I have to "e" edit the target and add more hitpoints manually. Healing 'h' them doesn't always work as a solution.

Perhaps you'll have found a easier solution for temp hitpoints?

2. Thurgian

Thurgian New Member

Temp hitpoints are a difficult mechanic. They don't stack, they don't count as real HP's if you get them when you are unconscious, overall they are a PITA.

However, you should be able to accomplish your goal by utilizing the "effect" mechanism.

IE when the cleric uses an ability that grants temp HP, have the cleric target all of the appropriate players and enter an effect of "Hitpoints" (making sure to chuse the sub category of health). You have an option of utilizing "fixed" or diced HP's and the option as marking the HP's as "temporary".

This is from memory, so I apologize if I don;t have it exactly correct.

3. mercury00

mercury00 New Member

Doesn't work. Temp. HP are a separate pool of hit points. All this does is affects your actual hit points.