1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

The Labour of 3.7.8

Discussion in 'Bug Reports & Installation Support' started by talsharien, Oct 21, 2019.

1. talsharien

talsharien New Member

I have been battling with 3.7.8 with my party now since its release. It is soooo slow. There is a delay on everything you do which only worsens as more players connect. It often takes players seven or eight attempts to connect, having to use different names to eventually get into the program. Once in, the fun really begins as the program spends more time upating and sending data than actually runnning. My last game on Saturday left me looking for alternatives, which annoys me immensely as I have been using D20 pro for a long time.

I have tried running the various 3.7.9 beta builds, which ultimately all have their own problems and have still not resolved this issue (the latest build preventing everyone from connecting period).

My PC is a very good gaming spec machine, I have 0 lag with anything else I run, whether it be java based, web based or desktop based. I am a qualified IT tech and have been building and repairing PC's for over 20 years. One of my players is a qualified Network Engineer and another a Systems analyst. We have run every check and test available to resolve the problems and nothing works.

Until this morning, I decided to roll back to an earlier version of D20 pro 3.7.1 and whoosh, it once agains runs smoothly with no issues.

if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions, I would really appreciate some input.

Thanks

2. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

There is a lot of corrections and fixes in the networking model of 3.7.9 that resolve those issues, it is the current as yet to be released RC14 build that will become the full 3.7.9 release.

3. mrwinfree

mrwinfree Member

@talsharien I;ve been fiddling with RC 14 and it stands head and shoulders above 3.7.8. The stable release should be out soon and will be well worth the wait.

4. Wesley Gorby

Wesley Gorby Production/Community Manager
    Staff Member

5. talsharien

talsharien New Member

I really hope so, I have treid a number of the beta builds as they have been released and have seen no real improvement just lots of bugs (I appreciate they are beta). I look forward to the Full Release.

mrwinfree likes this.