1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Tiles That Don't Line Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bloodwolf, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

In the Gencon content there are many of the tiles that don't line up with others. The joints don't line up with the halls or the rooms.

I took some picks but I can't seem to get them to load up here.

Is this misalignment supposed to be?

2. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Bloodwolf,

There might be a small misalignment (a couple pixels), but they should line up if using the same scale. I've played around with the Tiles/TC2 stuff and they all appear to be working well.

Make sure to have "Autoscale" on, and try again :)

3. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

Here is what I was talking about. Notice that when the hall is set to 6 high, the left side of the pic, the edges of the hallway walls lines up with the top of the grid line where the hall from the room lines up with the other side of the grid. And when the hall is set to 7 high, the right side of the pic, the edges of the hallway walls lines up with the wrong edges too. If you drop to 5 high the walls of the hallway line up with the middle of the grid line.

And by the way that red line from another tile is the geomorph tile that I showed in another thread. I sank the room tile below the geomorph tile and the hall tile is above the geomorph tile.

[​IMG]

4. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

I see. If we manually adjust the size of the tiles, they may not line up since the displayed tile is out of proportion with the other tiles.

All the tiles are designed to use the "Autoscale" checkmark option to keep the proper scale. If re-scaling the tile without autoscale could result in tiles that do not line up with other tiles in the same series (as all the tiles are not the same canvas size - they were created at the same resolution (DPI) so autoscale would work).

5. Bloodwolf

Bloodwolf Member

In the image above you can see that the autoscale is checked. And the left side of the image that shows the height at 6 is the size that the automatically pops up when you bring the image over from the library and the room image was not modified at all.

Granted it is the hall tile that has no floor built in and the small hall tile that has the same floor as the room also does not line up. However the even smaller version that has the floor built in does after you resize it manually to 9 high.

In this image I have all the small hall sections unmodified from the autoscale. The two that are right next to the room can not be resized to match the room but the rest either are the correct size or can be properly resized.

[​IMG]

6. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Send me a copy of the map.

curtis @ d20Pro . com

7. edwardcd

edwardcd Administrator
    Staff Member

Hi Bloodwolf,

I see. I agree there's really no instructions how to use this tile set, and it was created for specific use at Autoscale 150 Image DPI. In the meantime use Autoscale 150 Image DPI and avoid using JT3 Hallway tiles (first two tiles in TC2-Hall). This will give you 2-square wide hallways with perfect lineup.

I will work with the publisher of this content to deliver a more user-friendly version.