1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Time passing in the campaign

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Zandari, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Zandari

Zandari New Member

I tried to post his earlier, but it never showed up.

Is there a way, or can we get a way, to get non-combat time to pass? I have a Kingmaker campaign that I have been running in d20Pro for about 16 months of game time, but the clock at the bottom of the screen is on about 13 minutes, because it only increments time in combat rounds.

Can we get something that lets us jump time forward in round, minute, hour, day, and perhaps week or month increments? It could look like the Templates tool under Game Tools, only instead of scrolling up the length of a line, or the size of a cone, it lets us jump time forward by 1-10 rounds, 1-60 minutes, 1-24 hours, and x days/weeks/months.

This would be awesome for keeping track of actual campaign time (it should include dropping a note in the Game Log!), and for tracking long term spells, like Mage Armor, or even some of the medium length things. Party has a fight? Cleric dropped Bull's Strength on the fighter, and it lasts 12 minutes? This tool would let you know if its still up when your party hits the next room a few minutes later.

Zandari

2. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

There already is that option. The Game time at the bottom of the screen can be double clicked to bring up a new window where you can advance (or reverse) game time. It only goes up to days, but it is there. Months and years dded would be cool though.

3. Zandari

Zandari New Member

Awesome! now, how would I have known about that?

4. Golkiwu

Golkiwu Member

Honestly, I just click around a lot. I performed a search on the online manual and got no references to speak of. This may be a good thing to have obviously added to the online manual. It should be in the GM section under tools or something.

5. ogexam

ogexam Member

It's in the wiki.

6. Zandari

Zandari New Member

Ogexam,

I am apparently completely incapable of reading a wiki today. I can't find a reference anywhere to the screen clock. Could you please point it out to me? It may be there are lots of other nifty things I am missing out on.

Zandari

7. ogexam

ogexam Member

Doh! It is not in the wiki... <grumble>

I guess we need to put that in the wiki then!!! <argh>

Sorry bout that.