1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. While the majority of active discourse on D20PRO has moved to our Discord Channels, this forum is still active and checked-in on regularly by our staff. However, for the very latest information, conversation and/or immediate support, please join us on Discord here: http://discord.gg/Ph38ckM
    Dismiss Notice

Traps

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mandos, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Mandos

Mandos New Member

Hi friends,
    I'm prolly going to buy a license for my group--this looks like a very good solution to remote gaming needs--but I did have a question about non-combat encounters. It doesn't look like there's a way to drop traps or secret doors down as objects. I did see a kludge where you drop down invisible objects that are annotated, and that might work, but is there anything in d20pro that would handle a trap or secret door organically? Also, how do you handle corridors in interior areas? Is there a way to make walls drawn on the map "walls," i.e. can be moved through/seen through?

Thanks!

2. ogexam

ogexam Member

For traps I used a creature that has the attack or ability built into it, so I can easily apply the effect of the trap.

Or you can use a tile that you turn visible once triggered.

There is a wall and door drawing tool. You can draw and erase them at anytime.

3. Dan

Dan Member

Creatures are really the best way to handle traps. They are practically handled that way in 3.5 and 4E. Basically, create a creature, give it attacks and make it invisible. You can even use a portrait for it that represents the trap. Many of the World of Warcraft icons and such have great square icons you can use. For example:

http://www.wowwiki.com/WoWWiki:WoW_Icon ... ist/Images

4. Mandos

Mandos New Member

Wow, I posted this forever ago, just saw the excellent suggestions--thanks!

5. Mandos

Mandos New Member

I'm having some problem operationalizing this with traps that have separate triggers. A made a pit trap, and basically I'll put that down on top of a square and to have moved onto that square will count as having triggered the trap. I also made an arrow trap for corridors. Maybe put that at the end of the corridor, and put down a separate, invisible creature as the trigger, annotated with a DC spot check?